GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   "gravity vs pump" flow rates (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/81691-%22gravity-vs-pump%22-flow-rates.html)

Nathan A. Smith 08-08-2004 02:37 AM

"gravity vs pump" flow rates

Hi,

Hopefully this is a simple question -- how does the flow rate between
something flowing just from gravity compare to say a 500 gph pump?
Assuming the same tube size.

The reason I ask is I have a veggie filter that is having water feed to it
from a pump and water is returned to the pond via gravity. All the tubing
is of the same size. The pump is putting in more water than my gravity
line can take out. I am trying to figure out my options to correct this.

Thanks for the help

Nasa