GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hardy Pond Lilly Propagation (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/81692-hardy-pond-lilly-propagation.html)

Chester Deja 12-08-2004 08:15 PM

Hardy Pond Lilly Propagation

I planted my Pond lillys last year in large 1' diameter pots. I
fertilized them and it appears that they are all roots now and filling
the pots. How and when should I propagate them? I would prefer to do
it soon because I prefer not to go swimming next spring (brrrr). I
also need to know how to propagate them. Any advise or website info
appreciated.

Rick

~ jan JJsPond.us 13-08-2004 07:24 PM

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:53:25 -0500, Granny Grump
wrote:

http://loricase.com/ponds/repot.html

Great pictures.... for potting tropical lilies. Can you find some for hardy
lilies? One doesn't want to plant them in the middle like was shown on the
above web page. :o) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

RichToyBox 14-08-2004 01:35 AM

Look at this site. http://www.springdalewatergardens.com/plants/hl.html

--
RichToyBox
http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/index.html

~ jan JJsPond.us 14-08-2004 07:25 AM

Excellent, great cross section picture! :o) ~ jan

~ jan jjspondus 23-09-2005 12:03 AM

~ janj 15-05-2006 02:12 AM

Lily pond & pH

Some of you may recall my trials and tribulations with my lily pond and the
pH?

This year I decided not to empty and muck it out. There wasn't much muck
anyway, and I'm hoping the bottom drain & skimmer are going to be connected
to an out of pond filter soon (no digging has started) :o( The hope that
with aged water, the pH wouldn't spike.

Well, pH was 9.0 today, so aged water didn't fix that.... Dang! Not sure
why this happens every spring, by now the cement blocks around the edge,
after 5 years, have surely leached all they're gonna leach. Dang! Back to
water changes, which seem to fix the problem. ~ jan

-----------------

Koi-Lo 15-05-2006 03:00 AM

Lily pond & pH

*NOTE: There are two Koi-Lo's on this NG*

"~ janj" wrote in message
Some of you may recall my trials and tribulations with my lily pond and
the
pH?

This year I decided not to empty and muck it out. There wasn't much muck
anyway, and I'm hoping the bottom drain & skimmer are going to be
connected
to an out of pond filter soon (no digging has started) :o( The hope that
with aged water, the pH wouldn't spike.

Well, pH was 9.0 today, so aged water didn't fix that.... Dang! Not sure
why this happens every spring, by now the cement blocks around the edge,
after 5 years, have surely leached all they're gonna leach. Dang! Back to
water changes, which seem to fix the problem. ~ jan

==================================
What effect does a PH that high have on your water lilies?
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Koi-Lo 15-05-2006 03:20 AM

Lily pond & pH

Stupid **** thanks for admitting you know NOTHING about ponds.

RolliePetersenJr 15-05-2006 04:39 AM

Lily pond & pH

And learn to count bitch, there is more than 2 Koi-Lo's there is a
minimum of 10 of your clones helping you to dissrupt and destroy the
usenet forums as per your super plan.

About the same effect as you ****ing with certain folks assholes to
answer your dumbassed question.........

On Sun, 14 May 2006 21:00:00 -0500, "Koi-Lo"
wrote:
*NOTE: There are two Koi-Lo's on this NG*

"~ janj" wrote in message
m...
Some of you may recall my trials and tribulations with my lily pond and
the
pH?

This year I decided not to empty and muck it out. There wasn't much muck
anyway, and I'm hoping the bottom drain & skimmer are going to be
connected
to an out of pond filter soon (no digging has started) :o( The hope that
with aged water, the pH wouldn't spike.

Well, pH was 9.0 today, so aged water didn't fix that.... Dang! Not sure
why this happens every spring, by now the cement blocks around the edge,
after 5 years, have surely leached all they're gonna leach. Dang! Back to
water changes, which seem to fix the problem. ~ jan
==================================
What effect does a PH that high have on your water lilies?

"The original frugal ponder.."Since my statements are
given freely, take em or leave em, I am entitled to
my opinion none the less. My opinion and $1 is still
only worth $1.....but I am entitled to "MY" opinion...

TesarSebatyne 15-05-2006 10:28 AM

Lily pond & pH

"~ janj" wrote in message
Some of you may recall my trials and tribulations with my lily pond
and the
pH?

This year I decided not to empty and muck it out. There wasn't much muck
anyway, and I'm hoping the bottom drain & skimmer are going to be
connected
to an out of pond filter soon (no digging has started) :o( The hope that
with aged water, the pH wouldn't spike.

Well, pH was 9.0 today, so aged water didn't fix that.... Dang! Not sure
why this happens every spring, by now the cement blocks around the edge,
after 5 years, have surely leached all they're gonna leach. Dang! Back to
water changes, which seem to fix the problem. ~ jan

What effect does a PH that high have on your water lilies?

she not talking weirdo.. go away.