GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   upgrade to an external pump? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/81812-upgrade-external-pump.html)

[email protected] 11-08-2004 03:53 PM

upgrade to an external pump?

My pond is 10x12 about 2 1/2 feet average depth and kidney shaped
I have been using a sump from Home Depot in conjunction with a
biofilter with built in UV light. Seems to work ok, but I hate having
to clean it by pulling it out of the pond and I fear it breaking and
spilling oil all over. What would be a good external pump setup for
me? Do you reccomend a bell shaped bottom drain? Any suggestions?
Power consumption seems high on this pump too
Thanks