Old 16-08-2004, 05:56 PM
Newbie Bill

Default ppm

Various test equipment lists 'ppm (mg/L)'. This does not make any sense to
me since this is mixing a weight with a volume UNLESS one milliliter of
water (or some substance) weighs one gram. 1000 milligrams x 1000
milliliters=1,000,000 mg per liter. Is this true? While I'm at it: does
one ounce of water weigh one ounce?
Bill

Old 16-08-2004, 11:46 PM
Jim Humphries

You got it. One ml of water weighs one gram. We don't use ounces any more
here.
--
Jim and Sara Humphries, Victoria, BC

Old 17-08-2004, 02:12 AM
RichToyBox

One of the provlems with the English set of units is one liquid ounce of
water does not weigh one ounce. 16 fluid ounces is a pint and 8 pints is a
gallon. 16 ounces is pound and a gallon of water weighs 8.33 pounds instead
of 8.

--
RichToyBox
http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/index.html

Old 17-08-2004, 03:37 AM

yes. water is the standard of 1 cc = 1 ml = 1 gram
it is soooo much easier to use %. that is grams per 100 ml.
so 3% is 3 grams of something in 100 ml or 0.1 liter
Ingrid

"Newbie Bill" wrote:

Various test equipment lists 'ppm (mg/L)'. This does not make any sense to
me since this is mixing a weight with a volume UNLESS one milliliter of
water (or some substance) weighs one gram. 1000 milligrams x 1000
milliliters=1,000,000 mg per liter. Is this true? While I'm at it: does
one ounce of water weigh one ounce?
Bill

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 17-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Rodney Pont

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 01:12:19 GMT, RichToyBox wrote:

One of the provlems with the English set of units is one liquid ounce of
water does not weigh one ounce. 16 fluid ounces is a pint and 8 pints is a
gallon. 16 ounces is pound and a gallon of water weighs 8.33 pounds instead
of 8.

That's 20 fluid ounces to a pint, at least in England :-)

Which is lighter, a pound of filter beads or a pound of feathers?

--
Regards - Rodney Pont

Old 17-08-2004, 05:53 PM
Crashj

"Rodney Pont" wrote in message
news:atcfzvasbuvgflfgrzfygqhx.i2lzv00.pminews@ihs1 ...
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 01:12:19 GMT, RichToyBox wrote:

One of the provlems with the English set of units is one liquid ounce of
water does not weigh one ounce. 16 fluid ounces is a pint and 8 pints is

gallon. 16 ounces is pound and a gallon of water weighs 8.33 pounds

instead
of 8.

That's 20 fluid ounces to a pint, at least in England :-)

Which is lighter, a pound of filter beads or a pound of feathers?

Pound of lead or pound of gold?
--
Crashj

Old 17-08-2004, 09:16 PM
Newbie Bill

Now your just confusing the issue, since you guys have money called a
pound which probably doesnt weigh an ounce or a gram, but which can probably
be exchanged for a pint either Am or Eng.
Bill

Fertilizer ppm Calculator Ray Orchids 17 03-03-2004 05:48 PM
Fertilizer ppm Calculator Ray Orchids 0 28-02-2004 04:09 PM
pH 6.3 kH 5 = 50 ppM co2 help David Wee Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 18-07-2003 10:15 AM
pH 6.3 kH 5 = 50 ppM co2 help David Wee Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 29-05-2003 09:44 PM
tap water GH is 100 ppm & my aquarium is 240 ppm Francisco Caamaño Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 20-04-2003 06:12 AM