GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   HELP? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/82421-help.html)

Bette E 27-08-2004 01:43 AM

snip
The hole is in the bottom of the liner-- it's a one inch long slit.
snip

What I would do...
1. Find a temporary solution. Put a piece of liner down over the hole,
with a heavy rock or plant on it. This won't stop the flow, but it may
slow it enough.
2. Find a temp solution for housing the fish, hospital tank, etc. Be
sure to provide proper filtration, oxygenation, screen over top to
prevent jumping, etc.
3. When pond person comes to patch pond, move fish to hospital tank.
4. After patch is in place, do some a partial water changes 30-50%.
5. Toss a few fish in at a time. The ones you like the least go in
first.
BV. snip
----------------
Thank you so much for your help, I'll post the outcome.
Bette

Benign Vanilla 27-08-2004 04:16 PM

"San Diego Joe" wrote in message
"Benign Vanilla" wrote:

5. Toss a few fish in at a time. The ones you like the least go in

first.

Sure, fine. Go ahead and give them a complex for the rest of their lives.

snip

Nah. Take them out individually and whisper in their ear, "You get go first
because you are my favorite." The other fish won't be able to hear you.
Geez, you'd think you ponders would be more knowledgeable.

BV.

San Diego Joe 27-08-2004 07:45 PM

"Benign Vanilla" wrote:

5. Toss a few fish in at a time. The ones you like the least go in

first.

Sure, fine. Go ahead and give them a complex for the rest of their lives.

snip

Nah. Take them out individually and whisper in their ear, "You get go first
because you are my favorite." The other fish won't be able to hear you.
Geez, you'd think you ponders would be more knowledgeable.

BV.

Yeah, then, if they live, they spend the rest of their lives telling the
other fish they are special. Recipe for disaster. I see years of fishy
shrink visits and Prozac poured into the water.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

Crashj 31-08-2004 05:57 AM

"Benign Vanilla" wrote:

5. Toss a few fish in at a time. The ones you like the least go in

first.

Sure, fine. Go ahead and give them a complex for the rest of their lives.

snip

Nah. Take them out individually and whisper in their ear, "You get go first
because you are my favorite."

Yeah, then, if they live, they spend the rest of their lives telling the
other fish they are special.

Maybe you will just end up with the Smothers Koi Brothers.
--
Crashj "Ponder always liked you best" Johnson