Old 06-09-2004, 04:41 AM
~ Windsong ~

Default Update on Petsmart preplanted aquatic plants

"Roy" wrote in message
Well out of a bunch of packs of these plants I had two that actually
grew........One was a miniature cat taial and the other was an Iris
(Black gamecock variety).

===========================
I never buy anything I can't SEE! That goes for any garden plant, roots,
tubers or bulb at the stores. This isn't the first time someone mentioned
getting empty packages of "something."
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"I've learned ...

Old 06-09-2004, 05:01 AM
Roy

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 21:41:32 -0500, "~ Windsong ~"
wrote:

===
. net...
==============================
===I never buy anything I can't SEE! That goes for any garden plant, roots,
===tubers or bulb at the stores. This isn't the first time someone mentioned
===getting empty packages of "something."

Well I carried them back today. Showed the manager what was what in
regards to rotted bulbs, and no or missing bulbs.......She sort of had
a look of doubt on her face that any package would be missing
bulbs......I told her to get a box or two of the shelf and check for
herself. She said she could not do that, as then it would not be
sellable...duh! SO.....I bought two more boxes of yellow ands blue
Iris and one of the japaneese arrowhead....actually just swapped the
returns of these for like items. I never left the store and low and
behold the very first box of Iris I opened up was missing one bulb,
the other box did not have any bulbs.............The manager could not
get over it, and a total refund was given. (Which I could have had to
begin with, but I just wanted to take a chance and prove to her I did
not rip off any of the bulbs etc in the boxes and then go seeking a
refund) She also had all the stock on the display area pulled off (not
a whole lot left really) , until she gets more info from higher up as
to what needs to be done.........The brand is Top Fin which is a trade
marked name of Petsmart. I have to say theyw ere totally fair and had
no problems with giving me a refund from the start, it was just the
point of showing them I did not rip off any on the bulbs, as I
frequent that place a lot and did not need to be held in doubt as to
my honesty.

With the instructions on the boxes as to planting and such, I wonder
just how many folks bought these pre planted items and have failed to
get any to grow, and just chalked it up to things gone wrong, and
thrown the stuff away thinking they were at fault when in all reality
there was nothing in there in the first place. I'm with you from now
on, I have to see exactly what I am getting anymore....no more "pigs
in a poke for me" .
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:03 AM
~ Windsong ~

"Roy" wrote in message

With the instructions on the boxes as to planting and such, I wonder
just how many folks bought these pre planted items and have failed to
get any to grow, and just chalked it up to things gone wrong, and
thrown the stuff away thinking they were at fault when in all reality
there was nothing in there in the first place.

** This sort of thing should be reported to the BBB and the Dept. of Ag.
Think of how many stores had these empty packages and how many people were
ripped off.

I'm with you from now
on, I have to see exactly what I am getting anymore....no more "pigs
in a poke for me" .

** That's exactly what any plant material is if you can't SEE it. I was
trying to purchase some daffodil bulbs a few years ago. All were slimy and
foul smelling when I pulled the clear bag out of the carton. They were
obviously diseased or had been soaked in water somewhere along he line from
Europe, and were rotting away.