GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The clear break (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/832-re-clear-break.html)

Tony Sanders 25-01-2003 12:31 AM

The clear break

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:44:02 -0800, ~ jan
wrote:

On 23 Jan 2003 10:39:48 -0800, (Cleveland Ponder)
wrote:

Most people tend to feel that this is not recommended because wastes
build up in the pebbles and creates an anerobic(no oxygen) area which
can create toxic compounds. It also makes it difficult to clean.

Yes, many of us use shop vacs so the pebbles would be picked up too. As far
as the liner, it will soon be covered with a nice fuzzy algae sweater.
~ jan

I haven't done a pond for, what, well, wome years now ... I forgot
about the algae ... waters clear (protein problem mentioned in another
thread seems to have reduced) ... yeah, I'll leave things alone and
see what eventuates.

Thanks.

Tony Sanders
New Zealand/Aotearoa