GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Swimming pool filter, any use for a pond (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/83268-swimming-pool-filter-any-use-pond.html)

Roy 05-09-2004 04:07 AM

Swimming pool filter, any use for a pond

I acquired a pretty decent sized swimming pool filter with the multi
position valve etc on it. Held about 250 pounds of sand. Cleaned it
all up and its like new, but I already scavenged the internal spray or
filter head out of it for my ponds pump, so I have just a big empty
container. Anything like a filter or what have you that I can utilized
it for with my pond? I know a sand filter wold clog up pretty fast
but any other uses perhaps?

Regards
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Jim Humphries 05-09-2004 04:02 PM

Usually there is a lot more filterable material in a pond, expecially if it
has fish in it. That might make a swimming pool filter much less useful.
--
Jim and Sara Humphries, Victoria, BC

Roy 05-09-2004 05:56 PM

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 15:02:07 GMT, "Jim Humphries"
wrote:

===Usually there is a lot more filterable material in a pond, expecially if it
===has fish in it. That might make a swimming pool filter much less useful.

Yes, I understand a swimming pool filter does not handle as much in
the line of solid matter as a fish pond filter would, but perhaps
making it into a sort of bio filter or something would work. I'll have
to kick it around for a bit, before I make any firm decisions on what
I will do with it, but another thing comes to mind is a good float for
a fountain head in the middle of my pond. Could ballast it somewhat so
it floats upright, attach a tether or upright pipe to hold the fountai
head, and moore it in place with a concrete block.....

Karen 08-09-2004 05:40 AM

In article ,
(Roy) writes:

I know a sand filter wold clog up pretty fast
but any other uses perhaps?

could you use it as a settling tank?

Karen
Zone 5