GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pink Waterlily closed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/83416-pink-waterlily-closed.html)

2pods 08-09-2004 01:36 PM

Pink Waterlily closed

My pink waterlily bloomed for three days, but for the past two the flower
has remained closed.

It's been dry and warm here (Scotland) and the water temp is around 20.

The only other thing i've noticed is a new pad coming up.

Peter

2pods 08-09-2004 05:24 PM

"Lostin1999" wrote in message

"2pods" wrote in message
My pink waterlily bloomed for three days, but for the past two the flower
has remained closed.

It's been dry and warm here (Scotland) and the water temp is around 20.

The only other thing i've noticed is a new pad coming up.

My white Lilly's tend to only last 2-4 days so I'm assuming that's
normal...

Lost

So should I deadhead it ?

Peter

Lostin1999 08-09-2004 07:05 PM

"2pods" wrote in message
My pink waterlily bloomed for three days, but for the past two the

flower
has remained closed.

It's been dry and warm here (Scotland) and the water temp is around 20.

The only other thing i've noticed is a new pad coming up.

My white Lilly's tend to only last 2-4 days so I'm assuming that's
normal...

Lost

So should I deadhead it ?

I do mine, so I'd say yes... But I'm no expert...

Lost

~ jan JJsPond.us 09-09-2004 10:20 PM

So should I deadhead it ?
Peter

Yes. :o) And pinch off any yellowing pads too, they attract aphids. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~