Old 20-09-2004, 01:33 AM
scs0

Default Need contact info or web address for Laguna Pumps

I have a 1.5 year old Laguna pond pump that decided to die on me. I'm
sure it's dead and not a tripped GPF circuit because I hooked an air
pump up to the same outlet. I did a search on Google for Laguna pumps
and the only thing I could find were retailers selling them. One site
said that Laguna pumps have a 3 year warrenty, so if that's the case
I'd like to get in touch with them to have my pump repaired. If it
can't be fixed for some reason I'd like to get another pump from
another manufacturer since the only item I ever bought from them died
after 18 months (Better reliability than Sony, but still bad). Does
anyone have a recommendation for another brand of pump that pumps
about 1000gph and is energy efficient?

BTW, what is the general expected lifespan of the typical pond pump?
Mine only had 18 months of use and I imagine that couldn't be close to
what I should expect. Just as a general rule, when should a pump be
replaced? At least the Laguna died without leaking oil, but I imagine
an old pump would be at risk for putting the electric into contact
with the water or leaking oil.

Thanks

Old 20-09-2004, 01:45 PM
matrix j

Laguna probably has the best customer service when it comes to their
products. They have a live rep who can speak with you.

Here ya go!
U.S.1-800-724-2436
Canada 1-8oo-554-2436
9am-5-pm eastern

Old 20-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Roy

On 19 Sep 2004 16:33:09 -0700, (scs0) wrote:

===I have a 1.5 year old Laguna pond pump that decided to die on me. I'm
===sure it's dead and not a tripped GPF circuit because I hooked an air
===pump up to the same outlet. I did a search on Google for Laguna pumps
===and the only thing I could find were retailers selling them. One site
===said that Laguna pumps have a 3 year warrenty, so if that's the case
===I'd like to get in touch with them to have my pump repaired. If it
===can't be fixed for some reason I'd like to get another pump from
===another manufacturer since the only item I ever bought from them died
===after 18 months (Better reliability than Sony, but still bad). Does
===anyone have a recommendation for another brand of pump that pumps
===about 1000gph and is energy efficient?
===
===BTW, what is the general expected lifespan of the typical pond pump?
===Mine only had 18 months of use and I imagine that couldn't be close to
===what I should expect. Just as a general rule, when should a pump be
===replaced? At least the Laguna died without leaking oil, but I imagine
===an old pump would be at risk for putting the electric into contact
===with the water or leaking oil.
===
===Thanks

Here is a webpage (actually is an estore website) with a list of
major pond and aquatic suppliers website etc on it. I have found it
usefull in the past. It does NOT have Lagunas telephone or website on
it, however I would think if one just saves that webpage to their
computer you could always add Laguna to it. I frequently do that with
a lot of websites that have manufactuyeres etc listed.

http://www.mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart.....asp?E+scstore
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Old 22-09-2004, 11:11 PM
scs0

Laguna probably has the best customer service when it comes to their
products. They have a live rep who can speak with you.

Here ya go!
U.S.1-800-724-2436
Canada 1-8oo-554-2436
9am-5-pm eastern

Thanks! I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Old 22-09-2004, 11:16 PM
scs0

So you mean is doesn't run when you plug it in? Are you sure the impeller
isn't jammed with something? Does it hum or get warm when plugged in?
Stone cold means it probably is dead.

When I plug it in nothing happens. It's hard to get to without being
in the water, and I don't want to accidently get fried by the pump so
I don't want to go in there with it plugged in. I did visually check
the intake just to verify that it wasn't clogged, one time I
accidently knocked off the inflow tube to the filter and it was
clogged with hornwort particles but it seems clear now. I might try
pushing water into the filter from the output just to see if anything
comes up but I think it's dead. It has an ouput fountain projecting
out of the filter and it doesn't even budge when I plug in the power.

Old 22-09-2004, 11:18 PM
scs0

Oase pumps are energy efficient. Reliable too. I've got one 6 years old and
still running.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that brand.
Old 22-09-2004, 11:18 PM
scs0

Old 23-09-2004, 09:22 PM
scs0

So you mean is doesn't run when you plug it in? Are you sure the impeller
isn't jammed with something? Does it hum or get warm when plugged in?
Stone cold means it probably is dead.

I'm going to check this out this weekend. I just called their 1-800
number that was provided by someone else in this thread and learned
that you can actually remove this yourself and clean it out. The lady
I spoke with said they actually recommend doing this occasionally just
to keep things clean. I had no idea that anything on a pump had a
user-servicable design - I thought it was all sealed up - so I'm going
to try this out this weekend. She also made a mention to hard water
slowly building deposits that could interfere, and I have very hard
water so this is quite possible.

New Laguna Pumps? Bill Stock Ponds 2 21-04-2005 01:49 AM
Web Address Correction For Last Post H2O Aquatic Solutions Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 10-12-2004 02:19 AM
Need contact info or web address for Laguna Pumps scs0 Ponds 0 20-09-2004 01:33 AM
Contact info for Cheryl Manning? DC Bonsai 0 16-07-2003 10:52 PM
Looking for WEB Address Enterprise Roses 2 30-03-2003 08:56 PM