GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Underwater Camera (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/84006-underwater-camera.html)

ClaudCar 23-09-2004 09:35 PM

Underwater Camera

Tell us more about this underwater camera. Who, what, where and most
importantly HOW? Random shots, x/hour, motion activated? And as autumn is
descending on So. Cal which means that overnight temps are going to be down
to the 50's, how can I still hear my pond in my bedroom overnight???

--
______________________
Claudia

San Diego Joe 23-09-2004 10:38 PM

"ClaudCar" wrote:

Tell us more about this underwater camera. Who, what, where and most
importantly HOW? Random shots, x/hour, motion activated? And as autumn is
descending on So. Cal which means that overnight temps are going to be down
to the 50's, how can I still hear my pond in my bedroom overnight???

You're kidding right? It's at least 80 degrees here. :-)

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

ClaudCar 23-09-2004 10:43 PM

SHHHHHH SD Joe - we don't want all them there northerners to come west ;-)
And UP in Ventura County it is "cooler" at night.

--
______________________
Claudia

Derek Broughton 24-09-2004 01:16 AM

ClaudCar wrote:

SHHHHHH SD Joe - we don't want all them there northerners to come west ;-)
And UP in Ventura County it is "cooler" at night.

Come west??? 50F is _way_ too warm. I'll never be able to sleep at night.
--
derek

Derek Broughton 24-09-2004 02:30 PM

Snooze wrote:

"ClaudCar" wrote in message
Tell us more about this underwater camera. Who, what, where and most
importantly HOW? Random shots, x/hour, motion activated? And as autumn

is
descending on So. Cal which means that overnight temps are going to be

down
to the 50's, how can I still hear my pond in my bedroom overnight???

I doubt motion activated would be that great, most are infrared based,
some are ultrasound, but I suspect neither would work well in a pond.
Maybe you can find a microwave motion sensor.

iirc, microwaves (at least at the frequencies permitted for this sort of
application) work even less well in water.
--
derek

W Dale 24-09-2004 11:31 PM

then you will LOVE Colorado! We had snow here in the Springs area just
this week! Already. Time to trim, cut, and sink. *sigh* Only good
thing is, my tropicals will start to get some attention. :-) :-) .
W. Dale

Mike Patterson 25-09-2004 02:48 PM

Wow, I grew up in snow country, moved south as soon as I was old
enough and wouldn't be upset if I never see snow again!

Mike
(now south of ATL)

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 21:34:20 GMT, "Nedra"
wrote

"ClaudCar" wrote:

Tell us more about this underwater camera. Who, what, where and most
importantly HOW? Random shots, x/hour, motion activated? And as

autumn
is
descending on So. Cal which means that overnight temps are going to be

down
to the 50's, how can I still hear my pond in my bedroom overnight???

You're kidding right? It's at least 80 degrees here. :-)

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Nedra 25-09-2004 07:11 PM

This just proves the old adage :)
"It takes all kinds." to make America
the Great Country it is!

Nedra

"ClaudCar" wrote in message
SHHHHHH SD Joe - we don't want all them there northerners to come west

;-)