GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   no one mentions orfes anymore (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/84577-no-one-mentions-orfes-anymore.html)

Ann in Houston 05-10-2004 01:57 AM

no one mentions orfes anymore

Does anyone still have them?

KenCo 05-10-2004 02:38 AM

Ann in Houston wrote:
Does anyone still have them?

nobody apparently cant get them :(
Ive tried for a few yrs now, they
disappeared from the fish lists.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-831-5739 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced ;)

Bonnie 05-10-2004 02:23 PM

Ann in Houston wrote:
Does anyone still have them?

Mine are still doing well. I imagine they are
full grown, look to be a little more than 12".
Full bodied not fat. I don't remember how old
they are - somewhere around 8 years I think.

--
Bonnie
NJ

2pods 05-10-2004 04:20 PM

"Bonnie" wrote in message
Ann in Houston wrote:
Does anyone still have them?

Mine are still doing well. I imagine they are
full grown, look to be a little more than 12".
Full bodied not fat. I don't remember how old
they are - somewhere around 8 years I think.

--
Bonnie
NJ

I still have mine, and there seems to be no problem getting them in the UK.

Peter

2pods 05-10-2004 04:25 PM

Just in case:

Orfes
Orfes
Orfes
Orfes
Orfes
Orfes
Orfes
;-

Peter

Ka30P 05-10-2004 04:56 PM

In our state they are now no longer permitted. Interesting news release here
http://tinyurl.com/68kga

(Yes, I have been dragged, kicking and screaming, into the PC-world, but must
admit having fun with it despite myself.)

kathy :-)
zone 7, SE WA state

Bonnie 05-10-2004 06:03 PM

Ka30P wrote:
In our state they are now no longer permitted. Interesting news release here
http://tinyurl.com/68kga

(Yes, I have been dragged, kicking and screaming, into the PC-world, but must
admit having fun with it despite myself.)

kathy :-)
zone 7, SE WA state

That release doesn't mention orfe.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Ka30P 05-10-2004 06:30 PM

Bonnie wrote

That release doesn't mention orfe.

They are down on the list, hidden like:
Ide, silver orfe or golden orfe (Leuciscus idus)

kathy :-)
zone 7, SE WA state

Pinkpggy 10-10-2004 04:40 PM

They are illegal fish to have in ponds here in Idaho. Same as sturgeons. They
can't even be sold anymore.
Jan
"Our Pond" Page
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/index.html