Old 28-01-2003, 02:54 AM
Snooze

Default Quotes was ( OT _ The French Are What?)

"Walter P. Schlomer" wrote in message
Hi there.....
Where can I find the quote collection You use?
(I used to be indecisive, but now i just don't know.)
(My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.
Unknown)

"Doing research on the Web is like using a library assembled piecemeal
by pack rats and vandalized nightly." - Unknown

"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself, a small bird will drop
dead, frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

"Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is
mightier
than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man."
Mahatma Gandhi

"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
you do it. ( Mahatma Gandhi)

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin.
-Grace Hansen

I sense much fear in you, fear is the path of the dark side, fear
leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering -Yoda

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed
contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts."
-- John Steinbeck

"One World. One Web. One Program." -- Microsoft
"Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuehrer" -- Hitler
(One people, one country, one leader)

"In Germany, they first came for the communists, and I
didn't speak up because I wasn't a communist. Then they
came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't
a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't
speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came
for the Catholics and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a
Catholic. Then they came for me -- and by that time there
was nobody left to speak up."

"When they took the fourth amendment,
I was quiet because I didn't deal drugs.
When they took the sixth amendment,
I was quiet because I was innocent.
When they took the second amendment,
I was quiet because I didn't own a gun.
Now they've taken the first amendment,
and I can say nothing about it."
-Pastor Marton Niemoller

"People are like teabags; you never know how strong they are until
you dump them in boiling water" - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent
revolution inevitable." -- John F. Kennedy

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world." Albert Einstein.

"Half of the harm that is done in this world is due to people who
want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm but the harm does not
interest them." - T.S. Eliot

"Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested
and the frog dies of it." (E.B. White)

"Lord, the money we do spend on Government and it's not one bit better
than the government we got for one third the money twenty years ago."
- Will Rogers

"Pay no attention to what the critics say; there has never been set
up a statue in honor of a critic." (Jean Sibelius)

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
character, give him power." (Abraham Lincoln)

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to
gain ground. --Thomas Jefferson

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick
themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." (Sir Winston
Churchill)

"We don't live in America; America lives in us." Mark Waters, Houston, TX

"I think age is a very high price to pay for maturity." (Tom Stoppard)

"People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest."
(Hermann Hesse)

"Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from acquiring
the deadening effect of a habit." (W. Somerset Maugham)

Old 28-01-2003, 03:13 AM
mad

these are all good, but not my style. of course, i'm not really sure just
what my style is, but i'm still looking...
mad
--
I can't remember if I'm the good twin or the evil one.

Old 28-01-2003, 03:22 AM
K30a

"Creativity without disipline is just noise."
k30a (coach) to her DI team 1999

k30a
Old 28-01-2003, 01:21 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

K30a wrote:
"Creativity without disipline is just noise."
k30a (coach) to her DI team 1999

k30a

How about -

The Imagination equips us to see a reality we have yet to
create...unknown

The hardest thing to learn in life...Is which bridge to
cross and which to burn. David Russell

I use to have a handle on life...but it broke.

With ordinary talent and extraordinary preserverance all
things are attainable... Thomas E Burton

Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put
up. Robert Frost

Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they
go..Oscar Wilde

Respect doesn't come from the kind of work you do, it comes
from the way you do your work. Kenneth L. Shipley

A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.
Mark Twain

and my favorite -

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a
small garden, doing whatever the hell I want..
Robin Chotzinoff

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 29-01-2003, 12:58 AM
mad

then there's

--
You mustn't be so quick to take offense. After all,
what will you do with it once you get it home?

Old 29-01-2003, 04:50 AM
Nedra

mad, I like the one you post that says something about
"of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most" ...

LOLOLOL.
Always gets a guffaw out of me.

Nedra

"mad" wrote in message