Old 20-10-2004, 06:41 AM
Rob

Default late autumn zzzzzzzzzz

Ah hell. Installed my first pond this summer. Filled it up on Labor
Day weekend. Been enjoying it for weeks, but now it's getting cool
and wet. I want to add frogs and lilys, but was advised to wait till
spring. Getting too unpleasant out there to enjoy working around it.

What do ponders do during the winter?
Old 20-10-2004, 12:50 PM
Oxymel of Squill

I think frogs add themselves (though they've never discovered where my pond
it) and (if you have pump and waterfall) lilies don't like moving water.
I'm for letting the pond see after itself on the whole during winter.

when I was young my US stamps for Labor Day were thematically filed under
Women

om...

Old 20-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Derek Broughton

Oxymel of Squill wrote:

I think frogs add themselves (though they've never discovered where my
pond
it) and (if you have pump and waterfall) lilies don't like moving water.

Lilies don't like moving water, but very few of us actually move enough
water to upset them. I had lilies thriving right by my 3' waterfall in my
last pond. Where they get splashed, though, they tend to get burn spots
where the droplets focus the sun on their leaves.

What do ponders do during the winter?

ponder :-)
--
derek
Old 22-10-2004, 03:15 PM
Pinkpggy

What do ponders do during the winter?

Sit around and figure out what we can do to our pond and area to improve it
once winter is over. LOL
Jan
"Our Pond" Page
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/index.html

Old 30-10-2004, 06:46 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

What do ponders do during the winter?

Start and/or read interesting topics (sometimes Off Topic) in rec.ponds.
~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 31-10-2004, 11:34 PM
W Dale

We (I at least) walk around the pond every other week or so thinking
about what I will do and how to do it in the spring. :-\ .
Look at last seasons pond pics. 8-) .
Look at the ice and wonder how thick it is. :-D
Envy ponders in much warmer climes. LOL :-P .
Pay attention to my 80L tropical fish tank. It always looks much better
in the winter. :-P .
Read rec.ponds ng. :-) :-) .