Old 20-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default File this under "I Spoke to Soon" (The Heron Cometh)

The CFO called me in a panic from the basement. I cam running upstairs to
find her and all of the kids gaping out the window. The biggest dern Heron I
have ever seen was sitting on the swing set drooling over the pond. The CFO
was telling the kids to be quiet and keep still, so they wouldn't scare it
away. Nilla the siberian husky pond guardian, 1st brigade and I immediately
lept in to action. Clearly these civilians did not have the capacity to deal
with this threat. Nilla and I ran out of the house employing a series of
blasts from our sonic defense weapons.

In the end we were successful in scaring away the attacker, and in gaining
some useful intel. Apparenly our sonic weapons are effective only at close
range.

BV.