Old 29-01-2003, 06:07 AM
Oingofan

Default 4" Bulkhead into 150 gallon stock tank?

I have a 150 gallon Rubbermaid stock tank and am planning on putting
in a 4" Bulkhead through the lower side of it from my bottom drain.
From what I can see, the bulkhead is just slightly bigger such that it
won't completely be flat against the surface. The area I was
initially going to put in it was opposite the drain.

Has anyone put in a 4" Bulkhead into a 150 gallon stock tank in the
lower part of the tank? If so, how did you do it? Thx!
Oingofan
Old 29-01-2003, 03:12 PM
Lee Brouillet

Put the 4" drain in the tank floor. I'm working on something similar, coming
out of a 3,000 above-ground tank into 100 gal. tanks for filtration. I'm
using my first tank as a separation tank: the drain comes into it from the
bottom of the main tank into the bottom of the 1st tank. All the tanks are
on a 4 x 4 frame so that they're at the proper height for a gravity fed
system, therefore, the bottoms of the tanks are accessible. Where the
opening in the filter tank is, I found a "T" that's curved on the inside (so
there aren't sharp angles, they're sweeps) to which I put 45* sweeps to give
counter-clockwise water flow (gravity fed). The counter-clockwise flow slows
the water action down, allowing more time for separation to occur before it
progresses to the second (mechanical) filter. A PT 4 x 4 frame (even sitting
on the ground)will hold the tanks off the ground enough to allow the
plumbing connections,

(Elfman Rules!)

Lee

"Oingofan" wrote in message
I have a 150 gallon Rubbermaid stock tank and am planning on putting
in a 4" Bulkhead through the lower side of it from my bottom drain.
From what I can see, the bulkhead is just slightly bigger such that it

Old 29-01-2003, 05:23 PM
Cleveland Ponder

I put two 4" bulkheads into a 75 gallon stock tank. The way I did it
was to come in through the bottom for the very reason you state.

Oingofan wrote in message . ..
I have a 150 gallon Rubbermaid stock tank and am planning on putting
in a 4" Bulkhead through the lower side of it from my bottom drain.
From what I can see, the bulkhead is just slightly bigger such that it

Old 30-01-2003, 11:35 PM

how fish friendly is the stuff? Ingrid

John Hines wrote:

wrote:

lay down a thick slab of silicone, grank the bulkhead down as far as it will go and
let it set up for 48 hours. should be water tight. Ingrid

I would suggest plumbers' Goop, which is like silicone, except that it
has solvents that dissolve plastic, so it will stick to it. There are
different varieties of Goop glue, plumbers' Goop has PVC adhesive in it,
so it will glue together PVC pipe as well.

I've had good luck with gluing stuff to plastic containers with it.