GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pond cleaning (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/85934-pond-cleaning.html)

Mostyn 03-11-2004 07:48 AM

Pond cleaning

What is the best way to get all the silt out from the bottom of the pond.
I am going to empty it first but I don't have bottom drains and its a pvc
liner I thought of using a kiddies plastic spade and just scrape it up into
a bucket. if anyone has a better idea I would be interested.
Mostyn

Granny Grump 03-11-2004 01:24 PM

What is the best way to get all the silt out from the bottom of the pond.
I am going to empty it first but I don't have bottom drains and its a pvc
liner I thought of using a kiddies plastic spade and just scrape it up into
a bucket. if anyone has a better idea I would be interested.

I use a wet/dry shop vac.

Oxymel of Squill 03-11-2004 01:38 PM

bit laboroius but I've used a big bath sponge and bucket

but a little mud n stuff at the bottom surely makes a des res for sundry
beetles and other crawling thingies?

Benign Vanilla 29-11-2004 09:32 PM

"Mostyn" wrote in message
What is the best way to get all the silt out from the bottom of the pond.
I am going to empty it first but I don't have bottom drains and its a pvc
liner I thought of using a kiddies plastic spade and just scrape it up

into
a bucket. if anyone has a better idea I would be interested.
Mostyn

I have two tools for this...my right hand and my left. :)

BV.

~ jan JJsPond.us 30-11-2004 10:00 PM

"Mostyn" wrote in message

What is the best way to get all the silt out from the bottom of the pond.

Shop Vac. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

~ jan JJsPond.us 30-11-2004 10:00 PM

~ jan JJsPond.us 30-11-2004 10:00 PM