GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   4" Bulkhead into 150 gallon stock tank? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/860-4-bulkhead-into-150-gallon-stock-tank.html)

Tom La Bron 29-01-2003 03:01 PM

4" Bulkhead into 150 gallon stock tank?

Oingofan,

I have not put in a 4" bulkhead, but I have installed smaller ones 1
1/4" and 2" and all I did was drill a hole. I have not put them in
that low before, but I have installed them in the curved portions of
the Rubbermaid, mine is only 100 gallons.

Tom L.L.
================================
From: Oingofan )
Subject: 4" Bulkhead into 150 gallon stock tank?

Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: 2003-01-28 21:07:24 PST

I have a 150 gallon Rubbermaid stock tank and am planning on putting
in a 4" Bulkhead through the lower side of it from my bottom drain.
From what I can see, the bulkhead is just slightly bigger such that it
won't completely be flat against the surface. The area I was
initially going to put in it was opposite the drain.

Has anyone put in a 4" Bulkhead into a 150 gallon stock tank in the
lower part of the tank? If so, how did you do it? Thx!
Oingofan

From: Oingofan )

I put 2 in bulkheads into metal 55 gal drums took two big pipe wrenches
to crank em down to fit flat
I also put 4 in threaded sewer connectors in a 55 gal plastic barell it
was easyer to flatten the plastic, the rubbermaid stock tank should
flatte n if you tightem the bulkheads enough

goodd luck

--
John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so