GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Winter Waterfall Pump (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/86039-winter-waterfall-pump.html)

pixi 05-11-2004 02:09 PM

Winter Waterfall Pump

Is it safe to leave the pump in the skimmer for the winter? We are in zone
5 with a very rare drop to -25 below on occasion.

Thanx

Pixi

RichToyBox 08-11-2004 02:10 AM

Pixi,

If the ice gets thick enough that water won't flow into the skimmer, then I
would not leave the pump in the skimmer. If the pump stays out, then I
think it should be kept running to prevent ice damage to the impeller and
pump housing.
--
RichToyBox