Old 05-11-2004, 06:44 PM
WilsonKKW

Default should I stop feeding??

should I stop feeding the fish during winter?
-Kathy
Old 05-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Bob Koerber

WilsonKKW wrote:

should I stop feeding the fish during winter?
-Kathy

Most people recommend that you stop when the water temp goes below 55
degrees in the fall.

Bob

Old 05-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Gale Pearce

When your pond water temp falls to 50 , don't feed the fish as they can't
digest the food - it will rot or decay in their system causing problems up
to and including death
Gale :~)

Old 05-11-2004, 07:19 PM
Gail Futoran

"Bob Koerber" wrote in message
WilsonKKW wrote:

should I stop feeding the fish during winter?
-Kathy

Most people recommend that you stop when the water temp

goes below 55
degrees in the fall.

Bob

I agree with that. However, where I live
the temps can be cold-ish at night, and quite
warm during the day. (I do check water
temperature and not just go by air temp.)
I tend to feed midday if temps are warm and
will remain that way for at least several hours.

You can also switch to a lower protein diet
during fall and spring while temps are
fluctuating.

Gail

---
11/1/2004

when to stop feeding pond goldfish David Wright Gardening 4 26-10-2011 11:47 AM
When do I stop feeding peanuts to the birds? Alan Holmes United Kingdom 6 09-03-2006 03:32 PM
when to stop feeding Andymcgoo Ponds 11 12-10-2005 09:24 AM
should I stop feeding?? WilsonKKW Ponds 0 05-11-2004 06:44 PM
should I stop feeding?? WilsonKKW Ponds 0 05-11-2004 06:44 PM