GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Feeding Frogs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/862-feeding-frogs.html)

Rupert 30-01-2003 04:02 AM

Feeding Frogs

Folks,
Down here in New Zealand ( where summer is in full swing with glorious 80F
temperatures ) the tadpoles(polliwogs) in my barrel pond are changing or
have changed into frogs.

What do I need to feed them on? Do I need to at all?

I would have to see the poor things starve to death!

Cheers
Rupert

K30a 30-01-2003 05:20 AM

Feeding Frogs

Hi Rupert,
they need to be able to escape the barrel,
a little ramp would help and a way to get to the grass. Baby froglets like to
eat the little grasshoppers that invest lawns.

You can buy pinhead crickets and they will enjoy those too.

k30a