Old 14-11-2004, 05:38 PM
chagoi

Default Top Posting; Snop Posting: STOP POSTING!

All this hub-bub about TOP POSTING you'd swear it was wintertime and
we are all bored and don't have anything better to do than bicker about
a proverbial quagmire topic, that will never!, Never!!, NEVER!!! be
resolved.

Here are some options for your consideration

1. Sketch out a diagram of your pond. Showing all the different areas,
the plants planted, the location of the waterfall/waterfeature, stream,
fire feature(M. Patterson hows it coming?).

2. Sketch The layout of your filter system.

3. Sketch The construction of your DYI/Veggie filter.

4. Sketch detailed plans for your wishing well, lighthouse, bridge,
hoophouse, or any other project you built for your pond.

5. ANY CONStructive, rather than DEstructive, TYPEversations being
posted to rec ponds

Now! Having said that here's my fuel to add to the fire

Top Posting Netiquette:

"Netiquette" is an accepted "Informal" list of "Guidelines" for Internet
conduct and behavior. Unlike, "Roberts Rules of Order" or "Emily Posts
Etiquette Guidelines" which are accepted "Formal" listings of
"Guidelines for social use and behavior.

Internet etiquette is not something that should be considered as being
written on stone, but rather considered being written on a rubber-
flexible "Dri-Erase" board

Merriam-Webster Definition of "guideline" :

1.an "indication" or
2.an "outline" of future
3."policy" or
4."conduct".

1. clue, cue, inkling, intimation, notion, suggestion, telltale,
reminder, sign, token

2. form, shape, contour, or profile,

3. a : a definite course or method of action selected from among
alternatives and in light of given conditions to guide and determine
present and future decisions

b : a high-level overall plan embracing
the general goals and acceptable procedures.

4. The act, manner, or process of carrying on:
a mode or standard of personal behavior especially as based on *****
principles.

Top posting, bottom posting, in-line posting what does it matter? really!

Opinions on methods of posting will always be a source of argument.
Opinions on methods of posting are as different as you are from me.
Opinions on methods of posting are like A$$****$, everyone has one!

Mike

Chagoi
http://ourkoipondDOTcom

PS. If you do any sketches of your ponds and need/want to post them. I
have some webspace available. If they are in electronic form you can
email them. or if you can't scan them email me directly for my snailmail
address.

Chagoi AT ourkoipond DOT com
trooper2000 AT rcn DOT com
sarge AT itsmydoody DOT com
sarge AT allinthelineofdoody DOT com
Old 15-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Derek Broughton

chagoi wrote:

All this hub-bub about TOP POSTING you'd swear it was wintertime and
we are all bored and don't have anything better to do than bicker about

That's right. Province-stopping snow storm this weekend...

Now! Having said that here's my fuel to add to the fire

Top Posting Netiquette:

"Netiquette" is an accepted "Informal" list of "Guidelines" ...

Merriam-Webster Definition of "guideline" :

You seem to have glossed over the fact that is is an "accepted" guideline.

The only thing less likely to stop a thread, than telling people to stop the
thread, is adding your own opinion on the subject.

I could just call you all Nazis, then I lose the argument under Godwin's
law, and the thread is automatically over. Unfortunately, Godwin's law
explicitly excludes deliberate invocation.
--
derek

Old 16-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Benign Vanilla

Top posting to be a smart a$$

I'll gladly post all doodles on Iheartmypond.com if any desires.

/Top posting to be a smart a$$

Old 16-11-2004, 08:16 PM
Crashj

On or about Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:28:16 -0400, Derek Broughton
wrote something like:

I could just call you all Nazis, then I lose the argument under Godwin's
law, and the thread is automatically over. Unfortunately, Godwin's law
explicitly excludes deliberate invocation.

You have to explicitly name the Leader.
--
Crashj

Old 17-11-2004, 03:08 PM
Cam

wrote something like:

I could just call you all Nazis, then I lose the argument under Godwin's
law, and the thread is automatically over. Unfortunately, Godwin's law
explicitly excludes deliberate invocation.

You have to explicitly name the Leader.

You capitalized the L, that might be close enough. We need a ruling.

Cam
Old 17-11-2004, 03:08 PM
Cam

wrote something like:

I could just call you all Nazis, then I lose the argument under Godwin's
law, and the thread is automatically over. Unfortunately, Godwin's law
explicitly excludes deliberate invocation.

You have to explicitly name the Leader.

You capitalized the L, that might be close enough. We need a ruling.

Cam

Hyacinth Experiment and top posting Jim and Phyllis Hurley Ponds 0 15-05-2004 09:04 PM
WAS pruning sage, IS Top posting Culturalenigma United Kingdom 0 03-09-2003 04:02 AM
Top Posting D Kat Ponds 6 20-08-2003 03:02 PM
Why top posting is bad. was: Gardening - test Cybe R. Wizard Ponds 10 14-08-2003 06:22 AM
Borage (Off Topic - Top Posting discussion) mbb United Kingdom 26 11-08-2003 06:11 AM