GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sun and the Veggie Filter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/871-sun-veggie-filter.html)

BenignVanilla 30-01-2003 07:22 PM

Sun and the Veggie Filter

How much sun do the typical veggie filter plants need?

I am contemplating moving my veggie filter to the other side of a path from
my pond. This will allow me to have a large open span of main pond water and
not compromise my "pond" with "filter". This way I can also have the pond
span a path and build a nice bridge.

My problem is that the veggie filter will then be backed up to a fence on
the south side. I am worried it won't get enough sun. For years we had a
wild flower garden there, and we have some bushes surrounding the area that
have always done well, so it gets enough sun for those.

Any thoughts?

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MY SPLEEN to email me.

Bonnie Espenshade 30-01-2003 10:12 PM

Sun and the Veggie Filter

BenignVanilla wrote:
How much sun do the typical veggie filter plants need?

I am contemplating moving my veggie filter to the other side of a path from
my pond. This will allow me to have a large open span of main pond water and
not compromise my "pond" with "filter". This way I can also have the pond
span a path and build a nice bridge.

My problem is that the veggie filter will then be backed up to a fence on
the south side. I am worried it won't get enough sun. For years we had a
wild flower garden there, and we have some bushes surrounding the area that
have always done well, so it gets enough sun for those.

Any thoughts?

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com
x-no-archive: yes

Remove MY SPLEEN to email me.

Most of the veggie filter plants aren't flowering plants. I
don't think they'd need as much direct sunlight as flowering
plants. Remember this when purchasing your filtering plants.

--
Bonnie
NJ