GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fish 101: Swimming (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/87715-fish-101-swimming.html)

Benign Vanilla 15-12-2004 03:02 PM

Fish 101: Swimming

Winter is here, and our ponds have been leased out to Aramark for the hockey
season. I thought I'd start a plethora of new threads, that we can discuss
in some detail. I figured what a great opportunity to discuss some basics of
fish. So here we go.

This thread is about fish and how they swim.

How do the do it?
What is the importance of the different fin positions?
What is a swim bladder? and how does it work?

Gary 15-12-2004 10:59 PM

Re the swim bladder --- let's see now, would that be the human
equivalent of swallowing your water wings???
Gary