Old 03-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Ka30P

Default OT Does your state have an offical amphibian?

Illinois has a new reptile and amphibian.

Out of 75,000 votes cast online, the Eastern Tiger Salamander is the new state
amphibian, and the Painted Turtle won as state reptile.

Lt. Governor Pat Quinn announced the winners today, saying all candidates ran
positive campaigns

(Ha!, I can't believe the bullfrogs ran a postive campaign, I think they tried
to eat all the other competitors).

You can find out if your state is on the cutting edge of state mascot adoption
here ~
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0801717.html

Here in Washington we don't. But we do have an offical insect (the blue darner
dragonfly) and an offical fossil (Columbian mammoth) but, depending on who you
talk to, we still don't really have a governor...

kathy

Old 03-01-2005, 10:32 PM
John Bachman

On 03 Jan 2005 19:57:35 GMT, EROSPAM (Ka30P) wrote:

Illinois has a new reptile and amphibian.

Out of 75,000 votes cast online, the Eastern Tiger Salamander is the new state
amphibian, and the Painted Turtle won as state reptile.

Lt. Governor Pat Quinn announced the winners today, saying all candidates ran
positive campaigns

(Ha!, I can't believe the bullfrogs ran a postive campaign, I think they tried
to eat all the other competitors).

You can find out if your state is on the cutting edge of state mascot adoption
here ~
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0801717.html

Here in Washington we don't. But we do have an offical insect (the blue darner
dragonfly) and an offical fossil (Columbian mammoth) but, depending on who you
talk to, we still don't really have a governor...

We ran a poll in NH and the dominant slimy wriggler was the
politician.

John

Old 04-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Derek Broughton

Ka30P wrote:

Illinois has a new reptile and amphibian.

Out of 75,000 votes cast online, the Eastern Tiger Salamander is the new
state amphibian, and the Painted Turtle won as state reptile.

Lt. Governor Pat Quinn announced the winners today, saying all candidates
ran positive campaigns

(Ha!, I can't believe the bullfrogs ran a postive campaign, I think they
tried
to eat all the other competitors).

You can find out if your state is on the cutting edge of state mascot
adoption here ~
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0801717.html

Here in Washington we don't. But we do have an offical insect (the blue
darner dragonfly) and an offical fossil (Columbian mammoth) but, depending

Look, I'm no expert, but even I know it must have been a "pre-columbian"
mammoth :-)

on who you talk to, we still don't really have a governor...

With any luck, gubernatorial candidates will just go the way of the mammoth.
"None of the above" is a perfectly acceptable choice, and probably less
trouble in the long run.
--
derek

Old 04-01-2005, 08:54 PM
zookeeper

"Ka30P" wrote:
Illinois has a new reptile and amphibian.
Out of 75,000 votes cast online, the Eastern Tiger Salamander is
the new state amphibian, and the Painted Turtle won as state
reptile.

Here in Washington we don't. But we do have an offical insect (the
blue darner dragonfly) and an offical fossil (Columbian mammoth)
but, depending on who you talk to, we still don't really have a
governor...

Oregon doesn't have an official amphibian or reptile, but we have other
official symbols: state animal, American beaver; state beverage, milk; state
bird, Western meadowlark; state dance, square dance (???); state fish,
Chinook salmon; state flower, Oregon grape; state gemstone, Oregon sunstone;
state insect, Oregon swallowtail; state mushroom, Pacific golden
chanterelle; state nut, hazelnut (filbert); state rock, Thunder-egg (geode);
state seashell, Oregon hairy triton; state tree, Douglas fir.

My condolences on Washington's lack of an official governor. When is the
non-inauguration?
--
Zk

Old 04-01-2005, 09:18 PM
Bonnie

So far we don't have an offical amphibian. Our state insect
is the honey bee.
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 06-01-2005, 09:26 PM
Crashj

On or about 03 Jan 2005 19:57:35 GMT, EROSPAM (Ka30P)
wrote something like:

You mean besides the Governor?
--
Crashj

Please State Your Geographic Location and Your Climate David E. Ross[_2_] Gardening 0 22-07-2011 06:48 AM
It's Offical Starlord Gardening 0 06-04-2006 07:57 PM
State Amphibian Priscilla McCullough Ponds 5 05-07-2005 02:00 AM
OT Does your state have an offical amphibian? Ka30P Ponds 0 03-01-2005 08:57 PM
OT perhaps, but please identify amphibian or reptile Joe United Kingdom 9 25-09-2003 09:03 AM