GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fish found after tsunami (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/88820-fish-found-after-tsunami.html)

rtk 16-01-2005 12:05 AM

Fish found after tsunami

A friend sent me these photos. Not pond stuff, for sure, but I thought
some of you might like to see them.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/...unamiFish.html

Ruth Kazez

Cichlidiot 16-01-2005 01:50 AM

rtk wrote:
A friend sent me these photos. Not pond stuff, for sure, but I thought
some of you might like to see them.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/...unamiFish.html

Ruth Kazez

That's a hoax. No such fish washed up. The actual images were taken as
part of a joint Australian/New Zealand deep sea fish survey called
NORFANZ. You can view their website at:

http://www.oceans.gov.au/norfanz

If you look at the Creature Feature and Image Gallery pages you will find
all the images in that hoax site (one of many, it's a rapidly spreading
urban legend/hoax right now).

You can also read Snopes' writeup on the matter:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/tsunami/creature.asp

rtk 16-01-2005 02:55 AM

Cichlidiot wrote:

That's a hoax. No such fish washed up. The actual images were taken as
part of a joint Australian/New Zealand deep sea fish survey called
NORFANZ. You can view their website at:

Sure fooled me. Thank you. I removed the page.

Ruth K