GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT Flooded Fish Found on Field (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/89032-ot-flooded-fish-found-field.html)

kathy 20-01-2005 10:43 PM

OT Flooded Fish Found on Field

Fish found living on soccer field
From correspondents in London

January 20, 2005

A GOLDFISH washed out of its bowl when its owners home was swamped by
floodwater was rescued from a sodden soccer pitch.
Full story here
http://ihmp.net/@/vp

kathy

Gail Futoran 20-01-2005 11:04 PM

"kathy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Fish found living on soccer field
From correspondents in London

January 20, 2005

A GOLDFISH washed out of its bowl when its owners home was swamped by
floodwater was rescued from a sodden soccer pitch.
Full story here
http://ihmp.net/@/vp

kathy

Hey Kathy - the link doesn't work. I got the
main page ok and tried to search for the story
but no luck. Help! Sounds like a neat story. :)

Gail

Cichlidiot 21-01-2005 12:08 AM

Gail Futoran wrote:
"kathy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Fish found living on soccer field
From correspondents in London

January 20, 2005

A GOLDFISH washed out of its bowl when its owners home was swamped by
floodwater was rescued from a sodden soccer pitch.
Full story here
http://ihmp.net/@/vp

kathy

Hey Kathy - the link doesn't work. I got the
main page ok and tried to search for the story
but no luck. Help! Sounds like a neat story. :)

Is this the right link:

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...E13762,00.html

Looks like the same story or else there's a lot of goldfish being found by
soccer clubs.

Cichlidiot 21-01-2005 12:08 AM

Gail Futoran wrote:
"kathy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Fish found living on soccer field
From correspondents in London

Gail Futoran 21-01-2005 04:36 AM

"Cichlidiot" wrote in message
Gail Futoran wrote:
"kathy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Fish found living on soccer field
From correspondents in London
January 20, 2005

A GOLDFISH washed out of its bowl when its owners home was swamped by
floodwater was rescued from a sodden soccer pitch.
Full story here
http://ihmp.net/@/vp

kathy

Hey Kathy - the link doesn't work. I got the
main page ok and tried to search for the story
but no luck. Help! Sounds like a neat story. :)

Is this the right link:

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...E13762,00.html

Looks like the same story or else there's a lot of goldfish being found by
soccer clubs.

Thanks. :)

Gail

~ jan JJsPond.us 21-01-2005 05:56 AM

Fish found living on soccer field

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...E13762,00.html

I was hoping for a picture. s ~ jan :o(
~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

John Maddock 21-01-2005 08:52 AM

In article ,
~ jan JJsPond.us writes:
Fish found living on soccer field

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...E13762,00.html

I was hoping for a picture. s ~ jan :o(
~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Try this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/4175495.stm

John.

Rodney Pont 21-01-2005 10:31 AM

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:52:26 +0000 (UTC), John Maddock wrote:

Fish found living on soccer field

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...E13762,00.html

I was hoping for a picture. s ~ jan :o(
~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Try this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/4175495.stm

The conclusion to the story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/4184049.stm

--
Regards - Rodney Pont

Cichlidiot 21-01-2005 07:54 PM

Rodney Pont wrote:
The conclusion to the story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/4184049.stm

Let's just hope they give the goldfish a larger home in the reception area
than that tiny little bowl. Otherwise they might find their mascots going
belly up in a while due to cramped quarters (and ammonia/nitrite/etc). I
guess it all depends on if they have a fish person in the area that will
help them out setting up a proper home.

~ jan JJsPond.us 22-01-2005 04:50 AM

Thanks. :o) ~ jan