Old 28-01-2005, 05:56 AM

Default When to move fish??

I have way too many fish (the little suckers breed like rabbits) and I
posted on my local Freecycle list to see if anyone would like some for their
ponds..I have had a few replies and was planning on waiting for spring to
transfer them but thought I would ask for ideas about when would be a good
time to do this...the best time that will cause the least stress on the
fish.
Thanks

--
Tina Breeds

USNMC Rescue
TN/KY volunteer
www.neorescue.net
visit my webshots page to see my pictures
last updated on Sept. 2 2004
http://community.webshots.com/user/tityger
Animals are Kind to Dumb People

Old 28-01-2005, 05:11 PM
George

wrote in message news:GBjKd.3673$C24.2774@attbi_s52...
I have way too many fish (the little suckers breed like rabbits) and I posted
on my local Freecycle list to see if anyone would like some for their ponds..I
have had a few replies and was planning on waiting for spring to transfer them
but thought I would ask for ideas about when would be a good time to do
this...the best time that will cause the least stress on the fish.
Thanks

--
Tina Breeds

USNMC Rescue
TN/KY volunteer
www.neorescue.net
visit my webshots page to see my pictures
last updated on Sept. 2 2004
http://community.webshots.com/user/tityger
Animals are Kind to Dumb People

If you live in Ky/Tn, my suggestion would be to wait until the water warms up a
bit, because at this point, unless you are moving the fish to another pond with
the same temperature and/or water quality, you may stress the fish too much. If
it were me, I would wait until spring.

Old 29-01-2005, 12:55 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

thought I would ask for ideas about when would be a good time to do
this...the best time that will cause the least stress on the fish.
Thanks Tina Breeds

If you live in Ky/Tn, my suggestion would be to wait until the water warms up a
bit, because at this point, unless you are moving the fish to another pond with
the same temperature and/or water quality, you may stress the fish too much. If
it were me, I would wait until spring. George

Now is fine, if as George mentioned, the water is the same as they're in
now. Or, if they will be in a quarantine situation inside, ideal.
Otherwise, imho, wait till late spring after the fishes immune system is up
and running. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~