GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   building a waterfall (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/89358-building-waterfall.html)

[email protected] 31-01-2005 07:02 PM

building a waterfall

I am planning to build a waterfall. I wonder if I should use a
waterfall filter with a weir or simply pipe the water from a filter?
What's the advantage or disdvantage of using a weir?

- Tak

RichToyBox 01-02-2005 01:52 AM

The waterfall filter with weir is a convenient way of getting a waterfall,
filter and planting bed in one ready made piece of equipment. You can make
the same thing using timbers, blocks, or rocks to form a veggie filter, and
create a weir to your own liking. A piece of pipe discharging directly as a
waterfall, doesn't create the same appearance as water flowing over a weir.
In nature, each waterfall, is in essense a weir.
--
RichToyBox

oups.com...

~ jan JJsPond.us 02-02-2005 11:00 PM

On 31 Jan 2005 11:02:36 -0800, wrote:

I am planning to build a waterfall. I wonder if I should use a
waterfall filter with a weir or simply pipe the water from a filter?
What's the advantage or disdvantage of using a weir?

- Tak

I pump directly from my filter that has a skimmer & bottom drain (is a
skimmer the same as a weir?) in the pond. Click on *My Filter* and *Demon
Pond Filter* for pictures and how-tos if interested. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a