Old 02-02-2003, 10:13 PM
jammer

Default Water temp question

Hi,
I know not to feed fish until water temps are 50 degrees. But for how
long? I mean the other day the water temp was 45. Today it's 55. I
suspect it will be 40 within a few days. I have old house screens
covering the pond because of my neighbor's blankety-blank mimosa tree,
so i really don't see the fish. What do you do in a climate like this?
Look for signs of moving fish on a warm day and feed them? Wait until
it's been warm for a week? Please advise.
As always. thank you,
juls in texas
ZONE 7A
·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 02-02-2003, 10:21 PM
K30a

I would wait until you are pretty darn
sure that the water is going to *stay*
at 55 and higher.

Today it is 65 in SE WA, absolutely
loverly out.
Next week we could be down to 15 degrees...
(I sure hope not!)

k30a
Old 02-02-2003, 10:28 PM
Nedra

Hi juls, Wait until the water temp stays at
55 degrees. We don't want to rush things :-)
K30 and JJ are in Zone 7. They will be good
people to watch for taking Spring action.

Nedra in Missouri

Old 03-02-2003, 02:10 AM
jammer

On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 22:28:13 GMT, "Nedra"
wrote:

Hi juls, Wait until the water temp stays at
55 degrees. We don't want to rush things :-)
K30 and JJ are in Zone 7. They will be good
people to watch for taking Spring action.

Thanks! Guess i will try again in another month.....?

juls
(cant wait for spring!!!!!!!!!)

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 08-02-2003, 11:31 PM
~ jan

On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 22:28:13 GMT, "Nedra" wrote:

Hi juls, Wait until the water temp stays at
55 degrees. We don't want to rush things :-)
K30 and JJ are in Zone 7. They will be good
people to watch for taking Spring action.

Thanks! Guess i will try again in another month.....?
juls

JJ from Zone 7a, and I don't expect to start feeding till about April, so
I'd say more than a month. ) You want your bio-filter up and running for
a bit before you start feeding. The fish will do nicely on any algae. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 09-02-2003, 02:43 AM
jammer

On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 15:31:52 -0800, ~ jan
wrote:

JJ from Zone 7a, and I don't expect to start feeding till about April, so
I'd say more than a month. ) You want your bio-filter up and running for
a bit before you start feeding. The fish will do nicely on any algae. ~ jan

I dont have a filter or a pump, just a small pond with two little
fishies and not enough plants.....

jammer

good average water temp? Shagster Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 06-06-2005 12:03 PM
Plant water temp? Sam Freshwater Aquaria Plants 10 27-07-2004 04:06 PM
Water TEmp Question Ted Ponds 9 13-11-2003 04:32 AM
Water temp question Lee Brouillet Ponds 10 18-05-2003 01:20 AM
water temp for plants *muffin* Ponds 3 17-05-2003 01:44 PM