GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Koi Breading age (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/90173-re-koi-breading-age.html)

Marizel 23-02-2005 10:08 PM

Koi Breading age

Can some one please tell me the age Koi have to reach in order to bread?

As soon as they're big enough to fill the frying pan. :)

~ jan JJsPond.us 24-02-2005 12:30 AM

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:08:37 GMT, edu (Marizel)
wrote:

Can some one please tell me the age Koi have to reach in order to bread?

As soon as they're big enough to fill the frying pan. :)

LOL! That was too easy. I'm sure the OP wanted breeding age, and that is
usually 3-5 years, but pond, health conditions and weather can make them
spawn one year and not another. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

~ Windsong ~ 24-02-2005 02:19 AM

wrote:

Can some one please tell me the age Koi have to reach in order to bread?

As soon as they're big enough to fill the frying pan. :)

LOL! That was too easy. I'm sure the OP wanted breeding age, and that is
usually 3-5 years, but pond, health conditions and weather can make them
spawn one year and not another. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

===============================
Mine skipped last summer. They spawned like mad the summer before.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ jan JJsPond.us 24-02-2005 07:03 AM

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:19:34 -0600, "~ Windsong ~" P@P wrote:

Mine skipped last summer. They spawned like mad the summer before.

And mine did just the opposite... and I've even had them spawn in the upper
pond and not the lower some years.... ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Sean Dinh 24-02-2005 09:07 AM

Read the article below...

http://srac.tamu.edu/7201fs.pdf

Darrell Ybarrondo wrote:

Can some one please tell me the age Koi have to reach in order to bread?
Thank you in advance, Darrell

~ Windsong ~ 24-02-2005 04:38 PM

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:19:34 -0600, "~ Windsong ~" P@P wrote:

Mine skipped last summer. They spawned like mad the summer before.

And mine did just the opposite... and I've even had them spawn in the

upper
pond and not the lower some years.... ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

===============================
I saw some chasing activity yesterday. They'll probably breed this year.
If not, that's fine with me. Less to cull down the road.
--

Carol.... the frugal ponder...
I have a firm grip on reality.

Crashj 24-02-2005 07:58 PM

wrote:

Can some one please tell me the age Koi have to reach in order to bread?

As soon as they're big enough to fill the frying pan. :)

LOL! That was too easy. I'm sure the OP wanted breeding age

Well, then he can *breed* them as soon as he feels ready. But don't
let the neighbors see you, or they will call the pervert police.

The actual answer IMHO, is whenever they want. You can't stop them or
really encourage them besides providing a good natural environment.
--
Crashj