Old 27-02-2005, 10:32 PM
kathy

Default Fish story and maybe we should start charging

Words ~ just ~ fail ~ me....

Vets discover gold in fish bowls
By Gerald Plessner

.....The correspondent, in classic somber tones, talked to the owner
of an Oranda gold fish, which for some reason started swimming on its
side a few weeks earlier.
......' The doctor designed, get this, a prosthetic device to keep the
goldfish vertical as it swam around the bowl!
The doctor drove a small pin under the top fin of the fish. He then
fastened a small cork to the fin, trying to pull the fish up into a
vertical position....the procedure cost almost $400.

Full story here
http://ihmp.net/@/id
or
http://www.whittierdailynews.com/Sto...734251,00.html

Old 28-02-2005, 04:41 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On 27 Feb 2005 13:32:35 -0800, "kathy" wrote:

Words ~ just ~ fail ~ me....

Vets discover gold in fish bowls

your title ~maybe we should start charging~

Unfortunately Vets have themselves covered well via laws, in regards of
anyone without a cerificate charging for services rendered regarding doing
any sort of vet care, including fish care. We have to be SO careful as KHAs
that we don't cross that line. I can tell anyone what I'd do if it were my
fish, but I can't do the procedure, even without charging. The law is
basically you can treat your own animals, but beyond that, you could get in
trouble. Bascially do you trust the person you're helping to keep quiet if
the procedure goes south? Laws vary by state. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 08-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Benign Vanilla

"kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Words ~ just ~ fail ~ me....

Vets discover gold in fish bowls
By Gerald Plessner

....The correspondent, in classic somber tones, talked to the owner
of an Oranda gold fish, which for some reason started swimming on its
side a few weeks earlier.
.....' The doctor designed, get this, a prosthetic device to keep the
goldfish vertical as it swam around the bowl!
The doctor drove a small pin under the top fin of the fish. He then
fastened a small cork to the fin, trying to pull the fish up into a
vertical position....the procedure cost almost $400.

Full story here
http://ihmp.net/@/id
or
http://www.whittierdailynews.com/Sto...734251,00.html

I heard about this on NPR. A fish with a crutch, I love it.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com