GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   No LEAKS! :-))) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/90628-no-leaks.html)

Reel McKoi 07-03-2005 07:46 PM

No LEAKS! :-)))

This was our 4th try with this old kiddypool in the ground. Yesterday I
removed all the rocks - AGAIN, and put a NEW kiddypool in the old 2 still in
the ground. Another new 12mil black liner and filled it -AGAIN. The water
lever hasn't moved. :-) Next warm day I replace the rock necklace, put
some plants and fish in it, turn the waterfall/filer pump on and VOILA!
~~~~~~~ }(((((ô

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
I have a firm grip on reality.

Benign Vanilla 08-03-2005 03:40 PM

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
This was our 4th try with this old kiddypool in the ground. Yesterday I
removed all the rocks - AGAIN, and put a NEW kiddypool in the old 2 still

in
the ground. Another new 12mil black liner and filled it -AGAIN. The

water
lever hasn't moved. :-) Next warm day I replace the rock necklace, put
some plants and fish in it, turn the waterfall/filer pump on and VOILA!

That reminds me...my stream leaks...I need to get that cement work done when
things warm up.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Reel McKoi 08-03-2005 04:42 PM

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
This was our 4th try with this old kiddypool in the ground. Yesterday I
removed all the rocks - AGAIN, and put a NEW kiddypool in the old 2

still
in
the ground. Another new 12mil black liner and filled it -AGAIN. The

water
lever hasn't moved. :-) Next warm day I replace the rock necklace,

put
some plants and fish in it, turn the waterfall/filer pump on and VOILA!

That reminds me...my stream leaks...I need to get that cement work done

when
things warm up.

================================
Doesn't cement keep cracking though? Where I live most people use the heavy
rubber liner material under the streams and waterfalls - any leaking water
returns to the pond.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
To avoid seeing crossposts from ARJW/Jabriol

Benign Vanilla 08-03-2005 05:59 PM

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
snip
Doesn't cement keep cracking though? Where I live most people use the

heavy
rubber liner material under the streams and waterfalls - any leaking water
returns to the pond.

snip

I have a leak at a seam. And I can't see to stop it. I plan to overlap that
seam with more liner, and then continue the crete. We've done about 3/4 of
the stream and really like the look.