Old 08-03-2005, 10:01 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default OT 'View' on Outlook Express filters messages nicely

If you use Outlook Express and get bugged by certain posts on the newsgroup,
take a look at the 'view' option. You can tell it to 'hide' messages with
certain words in the subject line or from certain persons. Benefit: the
unwanted messages go away. Makes the NG more fun and you don't have to
waste time scanning accross the unwanted stuff.

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Old 08-03-2005, 01:25 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Steps to make offensive senders and names disappear
Click on:
View then
Current View then
Customize current view then
In box 1
Uncheck 'for all messages' then
check 'Where the From line contains people' then
check 'Where the Subject line contains people' then
In box 2
Click on the 'contains...' and follow instructions to add the names of
senders
whose messages you don't want to see and whose names you don't want to
see
in the subject line.
In box 3
Put a name for the profile, if you don't want the current one

When you click 'OK', the offensive senders and messages go away.

Jim

. ..

Old 08-03-2005, 02:49 PM
~Roy~

And you'll go bonkers keeping kill files up just to stay abreast of
all her user name and server changes........

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 03:01:07 -0600, "Phyllis and Jim Hurley"
wrote:

===If you use Outlook Express and get bugged by certain posts on the newsgroup,
===take a look at the 'view' option. You can tell it to 'hide' messages with
===certain words in the subject line or from certain persons. Benefit: the
===unwanted messages go away. Makes the NG more fun and you don't have to
===waste time scanning accross the unwanted stuff.
===
===Jim

Old 08-03-2005, 02:51 PM
~Roy~

You will have to do it each time and as fast as she changes names and
servers, you won't keep up........Just ignore the jerk, or go pay a
visit to koiphen.com..................you'll be surprised at who you
find there.

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 06:25:44 -0600, "Phyllis and Jim Hurley"
wrote:

[...]
h.net...
=== If you use Outlook Express and get bugged by certain posts on the
===newsgroup,
=== take a look at the 'view' option. You can tell it to 'hide' messages with
=== certain words in the subject line or from certain persons. Benefit: the
=== unwanted messages go away. Makes the NG more fun and you don't have to
=== waste time scanning accross the unwanted stuff.
===
=== Jim
===
=== --
=== ____________________________________________
=== See our pond at: home.bellsouth.net\p\pwp-jameshurley

Old 08-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Benign Vanilla

"~Roy~" wrote in message

You will have to do it each time and as fast as she changes names and
servers, you won't keep up........Just ignore the jerk, or go pay a
visit to koiphen.com..................you'll be surprised at who you
find there.

snip

The best solution by far. Just ignore them. Like a child screaming for
attention, they'll eventually go away when we ignore them.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old 08-03-2005, 08:48 PM

I sure hope so BV. I really like Rec.Ponds but lately it's no fun
coming here and wading through all this garbage. Wish there was a way
to just get rid of these idiots!

Old 08-03-2005, 09:07 PM
kathy

On google I can click these little stars beside the
posts and they turn yellow. Makes it easy to scan and
ignore all the posts that... well, you know.
Also helps to remember where I posted. Also can skip
some of the chemistry and plumbing posts where I would
be NO help, whatsoever.

kathy :-)

Old 08-03-2005, 10:11 PM
jedi

It takes a little effort but it clears things out fairly well. If you have
Outlook, click on the offending poster (I click on anyone that is cross
posting to religious groups or the like), click on message on the menu bar,
click on block sender. That will keep any follow up posting they do from
cluttering up the room. I am almost junk free at this point after taking
this avenue.

ups.com...

Old 09-03-2005, 03:32 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Point well taken about having to keep up on what to get rid of...yet, it
makes the NG a lot more fun. Either the filter or block. Not all that hard
for the reward.

Jim

Old 09-03-2005, 03:44 AM
San Diego Joe

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote:

Point well taken about having to keep up on what to get rid of...yet, it
makes the NG a lot more fun. Either the filter or block. Not all that hard
for the reward.

Jim

big snip

Yeah, no kidding. Right now my news reader says there are 26 messages on
this group, but my list contains only 5, so I've filtered out 21. It is much
quieter.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

"We need to make a sacrifice to the pond gods, find me a young virgin... oh,
and bring something to kill"

Old 09-03-2005, 04:04 AM
~Roy~

I will give the more frequent cross posters credit, well all but one
anyhow. They are consistent in keeping their user names constant, so
its not really any problem IMHO.........even with their cross posting.
Very easy to filter out, if thats what you like to do.
On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:32:11 -0600, "Phyllis and Jim Hurley"
wrote:

===Point well taken about having to keep up on what to get rid of...yet, it
===makes the NG a lot more fun. Either the filter or block. Not all that hard
===for the reward.
===
===Jim
===
===
==="~Roy~" wrote in message
===
=== You will have to do it each time and as fast as she changes names and
=== servers, you won't keep up........Just ignore the jerk, or go pay a
=== visit to koiphen.com..................you'll be surprised at who you
=== find there.
===
===
===
=== On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 06:25:44 -0600, "Phyllis and Jim Hurley"
=== wrote:
===
=== ===Steps to make offensive senders and names disappear
=== ===Click on:
=== ===View then
=== ===Current View then
=== ===Customize current view then
=== ===In box 1
=== === Uncheck 'for all messages' then
=== === check 'Where the From line contains people' then
=== === check 'Where the Subject line contains people' then
=== ===In box 2
=== === Click on the 'contains...' and follow instructions to add the
===names of
=== ===senders
=== === whose messages you don't want to see and whose names you don't
===want to
=== ===see
=== === in the subject line.
=== ===In box 3
=== === Put a name for the profile, if you don't want the current one
=== ===
[...]
=== === --
=== === ____________________________________________
=== === See our pond at: home.bellsouth.net\p\pwp-jameshurley
=== === Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at:
=== ===jogathon.net
=== ===
=== ===
=== ===
===
===
=== ==============================================
=== Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked!
===

Old 09-03-2005, 07:23 PM
Benign Vanilla

wrote in message
ups.com...

I sure hope so BV. I really like Rec.Ponds but lately it's no fun
coming here and wading through all this garbage. Wish there was a way
to just get rid of these idiots!

Ignore them and they will go away. In the mean time, I just delete the
threads where the few are battling over who is a ninny and who is not.