GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   just for the record first frog spawn this year (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/90722-just-record-first-frog-spawn-year.html)

Tumbleweed 09-03-2005 07:47 PM

just for the record first frog spawn this year

8th March

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Reel McKoi 09-03-2005 08:00 PM

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
8th March

--
Tumbleweed

=================
Where are you located? Here in middle TN (zone 6) we've heard lovelorn
frogs on a few less chilly nights, but no spawn yet.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Shared-Secrets is not an anonymous remailer,

Benign Vanilla 09-03-2005 09:14 PM

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
8th March

My oak tree weed, pine need weed, and ice weed are still growing well. :(

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Tumbleweed 09-03-2005 11:04 PM

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
8th March

Should have said where I am...Reading, UK.

~Roy~ 09-03-2005 11:15 PM

Great to hear. I do have a question for you in regards to where you
live . "Reading" How is it pronounced, with a long E or short? There
was town in Pensylvania called Reading, with a short E
prounounciation, but I have been to other places that pronounce it
with a long E. Hey its been many many years and i may have forgot
short and long sounds etc and sounding words out so pardon my
ignorance if my terminology is off! Just curious thats all.

===

SJ 11-03-2005 12:06 AM

"~Roy~" wrote in message
Great to hear. I do have a question for you in regards to where you
live . "Reading" How is it pronounced, with a long E or short? There
was town in Pensylvania called Reading, with a short E
prounounciation, but I have been to other places that pronounce it
with a long E. Hey its been many many years and i may have forgot
short and long sounds etc and sounding words out so pardon my
ignorance if my terminology is off! Just curious thats all.

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 23:04:29 -0000, "Tumbleweed"
wrote:

===
==="Tumbleweed" wrote in message
=== 8th March
===
===
===Should have said where I am...Reading, UK.

Hi Roy

It's red-ing

SJ

~Roy~ 11-03-2005 01:16 AM

Ok thanks, I guess I could have done like you and spelled it out
READ ing or RED ing....shows you what old age does to ya!
Regards

===
===Hi Roy
===
===It's red-ing
===
===SJ
===

~ jan JJsPond.us 11-03-2005 11:29 PM

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 01:16:56 GMT, (~Roy~) wrote:

Ok thanks, I guess I could have done like you and spelled it out
READ ing or RED ing....shows you what old age does to ya!
Regards

Roy, you weren't that messed up. In primary education we tell the kids:
When 2 vowels go walking the first one does the talking.
IMNSHO, if they want it pronounced Reding, then spell it that way....., but
I'd only say that to some town in the US, not in the UK where our language
came from and we Yanks joyously slaughter it daily. ;o) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

~Roy~ 12-03-2005 01:28 AM

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:29:10 -0800, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

===On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 01:16:56 GMT, (~Roy~) wrote:
===
===Ok thanks, I guess I could have done like you and spelled it out
===READ ing or RED ing....shows you what old age does to ya!
===Regards
===
===Roy, you weren't that messed up. In primary education we tell the kids:
===When 2 vowels go walking the first one does the talking.
===IMNSHO, if they want it pronounced Reding, then spell it that way....., but
===I'd only say that to some town in the US, not in the UK where our language
===came from and we Yanks joyously slaughter it daily. ;o) ~ jan
===
=== ~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Yep Americans can sure slaughter the Brits pronounciations.......
such as Aluminum. There is always fussing about that word in the
metal working groups which contain high numbers of Brits......

Derek Broughton 13-03-2005 11:04 PM

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 01:16:56 GMT, (~Roy~) wrote:

Ok thanks, I guess I could have done like you and spelled it out
READ ing or RED ing....shows you what old age does to ya!
Regards

Roy, you weren't that messed up. In primary education we tell the kids:
When 2 vowels go walking the first one does the talking.
IMNSHO, if they want it pronounced Reding, then spell it that way.....,
but I'd only say that to some town in the US, not in the UK where our
language
came from and we Yanks joyously slaughter it daily. ;o) ~ jan

Hey, it's English. There's no rules :-) After all, the past tense of
"read" is "read" - pronounced differently.
--
derek