GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Vortex Settlement Chambers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/911-vortex-settlement-chambers.html)

BenignVanilla 04-02-2003 04:27 PM

Vortex Settlement Chambers

Is anyone currently using a vortex settlement chamber? If so, what size
chamber and what sized pond?

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MY SPLEEN to email me.

WSuhling 04-02-2003 11:32 PM

Vortex Settlement Chambers

I use a vortex. My pond is only 200 gallons. Vortex filter, stream, and
settlement add another 500 or so gallons. I plan to remove plastic pond and
replace with liner, this spring. My current setup gravity flows from pond to
vortex. Three pumps are fed from vortex. (Two pumps running, in warm weather,
and one back up)
www.aquaArt.com has good diagrams and also supplies vortex filters and bottom
drains, if you are out west.

Bill

Central Virginia

RichToyBox 05-02-2003 04:21 PM

Vortex Settlement Chambers

I use a 3 foot diameter vortex with a 4000 gallon pond. It does an
excellent job of collecting most of the solids ahead of the bead filter.
--
RichToyBox

"BenignVanilla" wrote in
message ...

BenignVanilla 05-02-2003 05:50 PM

Vortex Settlement Chambers

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
.net...
I use a 3 foot diameter vortex with a 4000 gallon pond. It does an
excellent job of collecting most of the solids ahead of the bead filter.

Could you post some more specifications? How deep is it? etc.?

BV.

RichToyBox 05-02-2003 11:33 PM

Vortex Settlement Chambers

BV,

The vortex that I got is shown on
http://www.sugarloafkoi.com/pumps_filtration.htm near the bottom of the
page. He has 2, 3, and 4 foot models, with one picture showing all three
side by side and another picture of him standing by the 4 foot model. I
think that mine required about a 4 foot deep hole, but it is mounted on the
side of my pond that is more downhill, and therefore I only had to dig about
2 feet, and build a wall to backfill to the top.
--
RichToyBox

"BenignVanilla" wrote in
message ...