GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Is There any good looking pond covers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/91361-there-any-good-looking-pond-covers.html)

DD DDD 24-03-2005 03:48 AM

Is There any good looking pond covers

I was going to use half plexiglass and half chicken wire. I can not go
on after 4 years of having the raccoons eating my fish/turtles. I tred
the scarecrow and ultrasonic and electric fence but they just go over
that . Is ther any green color or better looking chicken wire or fence
material? Thanks

[email protected] 26-03-2005 02:54 PM

you could try the net (probably available in black) that is used for
the goals of soccer (football) matches, fairly cheap stuff, tough and
durable... Spread over a pond area, raccoons would have a lot of
difficulty tangling with that in the dark. Set at a height which allows
plants to grow through it, it will keep herons out, as well.

Regards, andy
http://www.members.aol.com/abdavisnc/swglist.html