GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pond Pictures - FINALLY (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/91430-pond-pictures-finally.html)

news groups 26-03-2005 01:03 AM

Pond Pictures - FINALLY

Well, fellow Ponders,
I finally started building my pond web site. And I must admit, html is
really fun! :-))) And I am having a blast doing it. So far it is still
under construction, but take a look and tell me what you think. The
pictures so far are only of season 1.
Here is the addy. http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib/index.html

And thanks for your feed back.
W. Dale
Pond Pictures. http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib/index.html

news group 26-03-2005 04:04 AM

Phyllis and Jim Hurley wrote:

Great site. I love the pics of y'all in the pond!

Jim

"news groups" wrote in message

Well, fellow Ponders,
I finally started building my pond web site. And I must admit, html is
really fun! :-))) And I am having a blast doing it. So far it is still
under construction, but take a look and tell me what you think. The
pictures so far are only of season 1.
Here is the addy. http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib/index.html

And thanks for your feed back.
W. Dale
Pond Pictures. http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib/index.html

TY! I will be adding the rest as the days go by. Those are of my
first attempt at a pond and landscaping the back yard. It all has
matured just a little since then. I will get the pictures posted asap.

news group 26-03-2005 04:05 AM

dkat wrote:

Perfectly Lovely on both levels! Wonderful site and gorgeous pond. I am
very envious.

"news groups" wrote in message

Well, fellow Ponders,
I finally started building my pond web site. And I must admit, html is
really fun! :-))) And I am having a blast doing it. So far it is still
under construction, but take a look and tell me what you think. The
pictures so far are only of season 1.
Here is the addy. http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib/index.html

And thanks for your feed back.
W. Dale
Pond Pictures. http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib/index.html

Thanks! You are very kind! I am kinda excited to be able to finally
post and get suggestions for improvements. I will keep updating the
site until I get a few pictures from season 1, season 2, and a few from
my 3rd season (this year! :-) )

news group 26-03-2005 04:08 AM

Bob H wrote:

so what type of watercreature is that floating around????? nice job I like
the waterfall

"news groups" wrote in message

Well, fellow Ponders,
I finally started building my pond web site. And I must admit, html is
really fun! :-))) And I am having a blast doing it. So far it is still
under construction, but take a look and tell me what you think. The
pictures so far are only of season 1.
Here is the addy. http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib/index.html

And thanks for your feed back.
W. Dale
Pond Pictures. http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib/index.html

LOL. Even the neighbors want to know! It was just SO hard to resist!
So we jumped in, and now when friends asked if I ever swim in it, I can
say "yes" and show 'em proof! :-) I will keep updating until I have a
few pictures from season 1 - 3 (humm... sounds like a t.v. series.)
Thanks for checking it out.

Ann in Houston 26-03-2005 03:50 PM

The couple of times we ever dug a pond, someone had to get in it when
it was first filled. It just calls to us. I see it's not just us.

~ jan JJsPond.us 26-03-2005 09:13 PM

Really nice, interesting shape, I like it. :o)

Did you put a bottom uptake in, or how is water getting from point A (pond)
to point B (filter)? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

W Dale 26-03-2005 11:01 PM

Ann in Houston wrote:

The couple of times we ever dug a pond, someone had to get in it when
it was first filled. It just calls to us. I see it's not just us.

LOL... Nope. :-) :-) . Not just you; or me ... You know, I bet there
are a few out there that just don't admit it but they do too!
Have a wonderful spring!
W. Dale

W Dale 26-03-2005 11:10 PM

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

Really nice, interesting shape, I like it. :o)

Did you put a bottom uptake in, or how is water getting from point A (pond)
to point B (filter)? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

I now WISH I had a bottom uptake. Maybe for the spring of 2006. :-) .
There are now two 4700 gal/hour Little Giant internal pumps feeding one
100 gallon and 2 70 gallon stock tank bio/mechanical filters and one 540
gallon veggie filter. I got the idea of the veggie filter from you I
think, if my memory serves me. :-) . And last summer my water turned
green and did not clear up until late fall, after I had installed the
two additional 70 gallon stock tank filters and the veggie filter. I am
anxious to see how they affect the water and the algae this year when I
am able to start them at the beginning of the season for us.
I will have pictures of the veggie filter up soon as well as the two
other stock tank filters.

W. Dale
Wilmdale Pond - http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib/index.html