GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   catching a heron (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/91654-catching-heron.html)

kathy 30-03-2005 12:53 AM

catching a heron

From the ESPN/bassmaster website

Weirdest catch

Veteran Ohio pro Joe Thomas vividly remembers accidentally hooking a
blue heron.

"I was fishing boat docks in Old Hickory Lake with a jerkbait, and I
made a long cast," Thomas recalled. "Just as I made the cast, the heron
flew out from behind a boat that was lying on the dock and the line
looped around it. I hooked it, and it was a struggle because I had to
get it in and get it unhooked without getting killed, and those things
are pretty dangerous. Luckily, I was able to get it off without it or
me getting hurt."