GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Need info on White Wing Vampire Bat for my Kid (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/917-need-info-white-wing-vampire-bat-my-kid.html)

Just Me \Koi\ 05-02-2003 03:00 AM

Need info on White Wing Vampire Bat for my Kid

Hi all,

My kid has homework on White wing Vampire Bat. I have searched using
googles and other search engines with no luck. Does anyone know of a good
web site with pictures and info on white wing vampire bat?

Much gracias Muchachos.

--
_______________________________________
"Architecture is the ultimate erotic 'object'."

K30a 05-02-2003 05:09 AM

Need info on White Wing Vampire Bat for my Kid

Did you try this page
DallasNews.com | Dallas-Fort Worth | Texas/Southwest
.... on the government's Ministry of Agriculture to take care of "pests," the
bats are
caught in nets and destroyed, Dr. Abram said. The white-wing's natural range
www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dallas/ tsw/stories/010203dntexbats.ae3e9.html
- 63k

You have to register for the page so I didn't check it out.

This looks good!

Microchiroptera
.... Medium-sized bats: hbl 6.5-9cm; fl 5-6.5cm; wt 15-45g. ... Fur is grizzled,
being shades
of brown, and one species, the White-wing vampire (Diaemus youngi), has ...
expert.cc.purdue.edu/~leiman/marina/bats-micro.htm - 35k

Some times when my kids were younger we would get the name off just a bit and
it would be hard to search something out.

good luck!
k30a

Jim Humphries 05-02-2003 08:13 AM

Need info on White Wing Vampire Bat for my Kid

One I found with a picture. It should lead to other sites too.
http://www.batconservation.org/conte...ts/vampire.htm

--
Jim and Sara Humphries, Victoria, BC

Just Me \Koi\ 06-02-2003 03:21 AM

Need info on White Wing Vampire Bat for my Kid

Thanks all. The links were awesome. My kid thanks you all too!

--