GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pond bird... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/92008-pond-bird.html)

Sean Dinh 05-04-2005 10:15 PM

Pond bird...

http://la.znet.com/~seannydinh/Pix/bird.jpg

Caught this bird harassing the fish. He was after the
Fathead Minnow surrounding the pellets. All the fish went
into hiding. For days I never knew why my fish kept hiding.

ClaudCar 05-04-2005 10:27 PM

oh my - I would never think that these little guys would scare the
birds!!!!!!!!!!

--
____________________
Claudia

kathy 06-04-2005 02:08 AM

I've had the labradors attempt to steal
koi kibble and turtles get in the middle
of a feeding frenzy but never a little bird!

kathy :-)

Sean Dinh 06-04-2005 02:42 AM

She flew back and forth across the pond. All the fish
stopped eating.

btw, there were a few Water Parsley left, behind that bird.
I got 2 meals out of the Water Parsley I divided last month.
They were delicious.

kathy 06-04-2005 04:01 AM

Speaking of birds, one of my and jan's pond
friends reported that a heron was taking a nap
on her roof! Leg tucked up and bill tucked under.
Cheeky bird!

kathy :-)

~ jan JJsPond.us 11-04-2005 04:25 PM

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 18:42:32 -0700, Sean Dinh wrote:

She flew back and forth across the pond. All the fish
stopped eating.

So what kind of bird is it? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~