GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   blanket weed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/92370-blanket-weed.html)

lou 13-04-2005 12:52 AM

blanket weed

any tips for blanket weed? have tried barley flakes & the fish just ate
them, have tried just removing the blanket weed but hard to do at
moment when have frogsporn & small fish (last years fry) in water to
avoid have just bought some extract of barley straw by interpet to add
but hope it works as quite costly. 1 bottlecosts =A314.99 & will only
do 2 applications & bottle says will need to be done very couple of
weeks! will keep my fingers crossed! has anyone used one of the
electrical devices to control blanket weed?

Snooze 13-04-2005 07:45 AM

"lou" wrote in message
oups.com...
any tips for blanket weed? have tried barley flakes & the fish just ate
them, have tried just removing the blanket weed but hard to do at
moment when have frogsporn & small fish (last years fry) in water to
avoid have just bought some extract of barley straw by interpet to add
but hope it works as quite costly. 1 bottlecosts £14.99 & will only
do 2 applications & bottle says will need to be done very couple of
weeks! will keep my fingers crossed! has anyone used one of the
electrical devices to control blanket weed?

What are barley flakes? Just chopped up barley straw? Instead of tossing in
barley flakes, try put them in a bag of some kind? Make one out of a woman's
pantyhose, so it doesn't float around and look like dinner. to the fish.

Add more plants, once the plants get going, surface and suspended algae seem
to die back on their own.

Clean the bottom of your pond, remove excess muck.

-S