GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lotus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/92380-lotus.html)

Heather 13-04-2005 06:07 AM

Lotus

Our lotus has been in the garage all winter with an aquarium heater keeping
it from freezing. It now has a few shoots. Outdoors some nights are still
below freezing. Is it okay to put it out now or should I wait for the end
of frosty nights?

Thanks,
Heather

Happy'Cam'per 13-04-2005 12:53 PM

Wait a bit. I think it would be too much of a shock to the plant, you've
come this far I'm sure another week or 2 won't hurt.
--
Kind Regards
Cameron

.. .

[email protected] 13-04-2005 03:53 PM

General rule of thumb is to not plant a lotus until the water temp
reaches 70 degrees. They could go into shock and you will have problems
if they are subjected to a drastic temp change.

Paul
www.pondkoi.com