GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clive the Frog (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/92417-clive-frog.html)

kathy 14-04-2005 01:13 AM

Clive the Frog

Very funny!
http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/38/

kathy :-)

Ann in Houston 14-04-2005 03:30 PM

yeah, my kids showed me that the other day. There isn't a flash movie
out there that they don't catch. My son even made his own for a school
project, where the character asked him questions and Mark answered
them. He worked really hard timing the script and memorizing the
answers. He used the approach of the catoon character getting help for
a school report. Simplistic concept, but infromative and a good
beginning. The teacher had some kids who built websites, so she had her
computer projected on a movie screeen. It made for a great effect.
The weird thing was that she docked him about five points for the
'attention getter'. We couldn't figure out if she wanted the little
guy to come out on the screen doing a river dance, or what. It was
okay, he still got an strong 'A' overall.

kathy 14-04-2005 03:43 PM

wow! Youngest son would love to have
that assignment! So far he hasn't been able
to take any computer classes yet in high
school but is early days yet.

kathy :-)

Ann in Houston 15-04-2005 01:48 PM

kids now - OT
I think my son and yours are close to the same age. Mark is thirteen
and in eighth grade. Ninth grade is the beginning of high school, so
that will be pretty soon, now. He and his sister are twins. I was
thinking you had a pair of twins, but that they were older than mine.
Is that right, or is it Jan who has twins? I shouldn't mix y'all up
like that but I do.
His HS plan shows him taking computer graphics in tenth grade, I think.
Both he and his sister are crazy about art, both on the comuter and
off. Their older brother who is in college is majoring in "integrated
art and technology" or rather digital content for creative fields like
movies, games, or computer modelling of any kind. He will also be
taking a business course, as he isn't as artistic as the younger ones.

kathy 15-04-2005 02:27 PM

I'm the one with twins! ;-) They, a boy and a girl, are 19 years
old and in college, business or economics for the boy (in
addition to becoming a world famous punk rocker) and
anthropology (I hope with an education minor...) for the girl.
Youngest is 15 and a freshman in high school. I'll have to
mention 'integrated art and technology' to him.
Right now we have all the computers in the house lined up to
do cd production and cover art for eldest son's band. They are
designing all the cover art, buttons, stickers, and promo stuff
on the computers. And printing it off. My computer copied 75 cds
yesterday,
who'da thought that would be possible back when we were
teenagers!

kathy :-)

kathy 15-04-2005 10:34 PM

8 tracks!

kathy :-)

www.blogfromthebog.com
new entry ~ attracting amphibians

news group 15-04-2005 11:17 PM

Back when dirt was young and the earth was cooling, we had neither 8
tracks nor 45's... wait, yes we did have 45's. And 306's 357's 44's.
Color T.V. were not on the market ....

W. Dale
Wilmdale Pond - http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib

Gary Woods 15-04-2005 11:44 PM

"kathy" wrote:

8 tracks!

I still have my VIC-20, and I know where there is a KIM-1 in occasional
use...