GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Are there any Koi Forum out there visited by regukars here (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/92632-there-any-koi-forum-out-there-visited-regukars-here.html)

Just Me \Koi\ 18-04-2005 11:10 AM

Are there any Koi Forum out there visited by regukars here

BV, and other regulars,

As I read this newsgroup once in a while, I see a lot of junk, and stuff
totally out of control and I get so turned off. Especially by some guy with
a million post in the group on topics none of which relates to ponding.

This lead me to wonder if there is a moderated forum we can all shift to
where some of these junks can be filtered out, and where we can also post
pictures.

Some of the forums I've seen out there are not populated, minimal
discussions. That does not make for a lively dialogue either.

So any ideas out there?

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Ann in Houston 18-04-2005 03:28 PM

www.koiphen.com

~ jan JJsPond.us 18-04-2005 05:08 PM

On 18 Apr 2005 06:28:10 -0700, "Ann in Houston" wrote:

www.koiphen.com

I agree, but I'm not shifting, mostly because I like the newsgroup reader
way of doing things. On slow days (and I rarely have those once spring
arrives) I do inhabit koiphen.com. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

kathy 18-04-2005 05:36 PM

I also look at koiphen.
But rec.ponds is still my favorite, I've been here
for so long and seen the attacks come and go,
though this one has been worse than usual.

kathy :-)

Derek Broughton 18-04-2005 07:20 PM

Just Me "Koi" wrote:

BV, and other regulars,

As I read this newsgroup once in a while, I see a lot of junk, and stuff
totally out of control and I get so turned off. Especially by some guy
with a million post in the group on topics none of which relates to
ponding.

Get a decent news program that lets you filter. I almost never get this
garbage until somebody responds to him - and _only_ in rec.ponds (if it's
cross-posted to any of the usual groups it's also filtered).

This lead me to wonder if there is a moderated forum we can all shift to
where some of these junks can be filtered out, and where we can also post
pictures.

Not a chance. (A) I hate "forums", i prefer newsgroups, and I hate
moderated forums even more. Who would volunteer to moderate? Who would
you trust to moderate? (B) I don't _want_ binaries. It's easy enough for
people to get web space to post their pictures these days. Then those of
us not interested in a particular picture, don't need to download it. For
those who are, it's an easy click on the link.

Some of the forums I've seen out there are not populated, minimal
discussions. That does not make for a lively dialogue either.

So any ideas out there?

Some people don't like usenet, some don't like web forums. You'll never
convince everybody to go to one place...
--
derek

~Roy~ 18-04-2005 09:15 PM

Koiphen.com is a good one, so is Newts if you do not mind a bit of
progfanity and some of the other forum areas, Koivet.com is also good,
but its sort of clickish.........and only products sold by that
company is considered suitable to post about. Roarks is still another
straight to the point and no bull forum on koi and ponds, and then
their is AWGS.org, which is also a good forum with pics as well, but
its not very heavily used as much as it used to be, but still good.

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:10:56 GMT, "Just Me \"Koi\""
wrote:

===BV, and other regulars,
===

jabriol 18-04-2005 09:28 PM

You can ask your isp to block all posts from shared-secrets.com
and send a complaint to to remove the abuser
cracklin' or reelmkoi. Once shared-secrets removes the account, I
would imagine the noise level will drop.

[email protected] 18-04-2005 11:43 PM

Arnold wrote:
In article
.com
"jabriol" wrote:
You can ask your isp to block all posts from shared-secrets.com
and send a complaint to to remove the
abuser
cracklin' or reelmkoi. Once shared-secrets removes the account,
would imagine the noise level will drop.

+

Why? Are you posting from Shared-Secrets now? It doesn't look
like it and you're making all the noise. Why don't you filter
her out if she upsets you so ****ing much?

Good try Carol, using a traceble remailer.
I am counting that Robb won't dump you, and then your favorites groups
will be reduced to rubble in the same fashion you reduce arjw to the
satus it is currently in.

Just Me \Koi\ 19-04-2005 02:25 AM

Do I need to say any more. This is where I say good bye.

I'll see you guys around. I'll probably just lurk here once in a while. .

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

wrote in message
oups.com...

Arnold wrote:
In article
.com

George 19-04-2005 09:03 AM

"kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I also look at koiphen.
But rec.ponds is still my favorite, I've been here
for so long and seen the attacks come and go,
though this one has been worse than usual.

kathy :-)

I asked then nicely to behave or leave, but to no avail. You just can't
convince some people that they are annoying.

jabriol 19-04-2005 12:43 PM

Another satified customer of shared-secrets.com and Aoie.
Please do return now.

bye-bye

Just Me "Koi" wrote:
Do I need to say any more. This is where I say good bye.

I'll see you guys around. I'll probably just lurk here once in a

while. .

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

wrote in message
oups.com...

Arnold wrote:
In article
.com

jabriol 19-04-2005 12:59 PM

Hey fred,
you should disguise your header a bit when forging my name :-)
like I said.. very easy to trace.

Jabriol wrote:
On 18 Apr 2005 14:43:51 -0700, wrote:

Arnold wrote:
In article
.com
"jabriol" wrote:
You can ask your isp to block all posts from shared-secrets.com
and send a complaint to
to remove the
abuser
cracklin' or reelmkoi. Once shared-secrets removes the account,
would imagine the noise level will drop.

+

Why? Are you posting from Shared-Secrets now? It doesn't look
like it and you're making all the noise. Why don't you filter
her out if she upsets you so ****ing much?

Good try Carol, using a traceble remailer.

Liar. You can't trace remailers.

I am counting that Robb won't dump you, and then your favorites

groups
will be reduced to rubble in the same fashion you reduce arjw to the
satus it is currently in.

Usenet terrorism, netKKKop. Wonder what your ISP would think about
your abuse of the net?

Derek Broughton 19-04-2005 02:54 PM

George wrote:

"kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I also look at koiphen.
But rec.ponds is still my favorite, I've been here
for so long and seen the attacks come and go,
though this one has been worse than usual.

I asked then nicely to behave or leave, but to no avail. You just can't
convince some people that they are annoying.

I think, for most of them, it is _being_ annoying that makes it worthwhile.
Too bad.
--
derek

~ jan JJsPond.us 19-04-2005 05:25 PM

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 00:25:26 GMT, "Just Me \"Koi\"" wrote:

Do I need to say any more. This is where I say good bye.

I'll see you guys around. I'll probably just lurk here once in a while. .

Don't let these rude, non-human life forms, that aren't even above the muck
in our ponds, chase you out "Just Me". As soon as they show up, it is
important that rec.ponders ONLY post to rec.ponds AND don't keep the
extended headers these people changed it to. I don't know what their goals
is, but I'm not going to let them score. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

BenignVanilla 19-04-2005 06:22 PM

http://www.iheartmypond.com/phpbb

--