Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old 18-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Just Me \Koi\
 
Posts: n/a
Default Are there any Koi Forum out there visited by regukars here

BV, and other regulars,

As I read this newsgroup once in a while, I see a lot of junk, and stuff
totally out of control and I get so turned off. Especially by some guy with
a million post in the group on topics none of which relates to ponding.

This lead me to wonder if there is a moderated forum we can all shift to
where some of these junks can be filtered out, and where we can also post
pictures.

Some of the forums I've seen out there are not populated, minimal
discussions. That does not make for a lively dialogue either.

So any ideas out there?

--
_______________________________________
"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:
The chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

http://community.webshots.com/user/godwino



  #2   Report Post  
Old 18-04-2005, 03:28 PM
Ann in Houston
 
Posts: n/a
Default

www.koiphen.com

  #3   Report Post  
Old 18-04-2005, 05:08 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On 18 Apr 2005 06:28:10 -0700, "Ann in Houston" wrote:

www.koiphen.com


I agree, but I'm not shifting, mostly because I like the newsgroup reader
way of doing things. On slow days (and I rarely have those once spring
arrives) I do inhabit koiphen.com. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
  #4   Report Post  
Old 18-04-2005, 05:36 PM
kathy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I also look at koiphen.
But rec.ponds is still my favorite, I've been here
for so long and seen the attacks come and go,
though this one has been worse than usual.

kathy :-)

  #5   Report Post  
Old 18-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Derek Broughton
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just Me "Koi" wrote:

BV, and other regulars,

As I read this newsgroup once in a while, I see a lot of junk, and stuff
totally out of control and I get so turned off. Especially by some guy
with a million post in the group on topics none of which relates to
ponding.


Get a decent news program that lets you filter. I almost never get this
garbage until somebody responds to him - and _only_ in rec.ponds (if it's
cross-posted to any of the usual groups it's also filtered).

This lead me to wonder if there is a moderated forum we can all shift to
where some of these junks can be filtered out, and where we can also post
pictures.


Not a chance. (A) I hate "forums", i prefer newsgroups, and I hate
moderated forums even more. Who would volunteer to moderate? Who would
you trust to moderate? (B) I don't _want_ binaries. It's easy enough for
people to get web space to post their pictures these days. Then those of
us not interested in a particular picture, don't need to download it. For
those who are, it's an easy click on the link.

Some of the forums I've seen out there are not populated, minimal
discussions. That does not make for a lively dialogue either.

So any ideas out there?

Some people don't like usenet, some don't like web forums. You'll never
convince everybody to go to one place...
--
derek


  #6   Report Post  
Old 18-04-2005, 09:15 PM
~Roy~
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Koiphen.com is a good one, so is Newts if you do not mind a bit of
progfanity and some of the other forum areas, Koivet.com is also good,
but its sort of clickish.........and only products sold by that
company is considered suitable to post about. Roarks is still another
straight to the point and no bull forum on koi and ponds, and then
their is AWGS.org, which is also a good forum with pics as well, but
its not very heavily used as much as it used to be, but still good.


On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:10:56 GMT, "Just Me \"Koi\""
wrote:

===BV, and other regulars,
===
===As I read this newsgroup once in a while, I see a lot of junk, and stuff
===totally out of control and I get so turned off. Especially by some guy with
===a million post in the group on topics none of which relates to ponding.
===
===This lead me to wonder if there is a moderated forum we can all shift to
===where some of these junks can be filtered out, and where we can also post
===pictures.
===
===Some of the forums I've seen out there are not populated, minimal
===discussions. That does not make for a lively dialogue either.
===
===So any ideas out there?



==============================================
Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked!
  #9   Report Post  
Old 19-04-2005, 02:25 AM
Just Me \Koi\
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Do I need to say any more. This is where I say good bye.

I'll see you guys around. I'll probably just lurk here once in a while. .

--
_______________________________________
"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:
The chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

http://community.webshots.com/user/godwino

wrote in message
oups.com...

Arnold wrote:
In article
.com
"jabriol" wrote:
You can ask your isp to block all posts from shared-secrets.com
and send a complaint to to remove the
abuser
cracklin' or reelmkoi. Once shared-secrets removes the account,
I
would imagine the noise level will drop.

+

Why? Are you posting from Shared-Secrets now? It doesn't look
like it and you're making all the noise. Why don't you filter
her out if she upsets you so ****ing much?


Good try Carol, using a traceble remailer.
I am counting that Robb won't dump you, and then your favorites groups
will be reduced to rubble in the same fashion you reduce arjw to the
satus it is currently in.



  #10   Report Post  
Old 19-04-2005, 09:03 AM
George
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I also look at koiphen.
But rec.ponds is still my favorite, I've been here
for so long and seen the attacks come and go,
though this one has been worse than usual.

kathy :-)


I asked then nicely to behave or leave, but to no avail. You just can't
convince some people that they are annoying.




  #11   Report Post  
Old 19-04-2005, 12:43 PM
jabriol
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Another satified customer of shared-secrets.com and Aoie.
Please do return now.

bye-bye

Just Me "Koi" wrote:
Do I need to say any more. This is where I say good bye.

I'll see you guys around. I'll probably just lurk here once in a

while. .

--
_______________________________________
"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:
The chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

http://community.webshots.com/user/godwino

wrote in message
oups.com...

Arnold wrote:
In article
.com
"jabriol" wrote:
You can ask your isp to block all posts from shared-secrets.com
and send a complaint to to remove the
abuser
cracklin' or reelmkoi. Once shared-secrets removes the account,
I
would imagine the noise level will drop.

+

Why? Are you posting from Shared-Secrets now? It doesn't look
like it and you're making all the noise. Why don't you filter
her out if she upsets you so ****ing much?


Good try Carol, using a traceble remailer.
I am counting that Robb won't dump you, and then your favorites

groups
will be reduced to rubble in the same fashion you reduce arjw to

the
satus it is currently in.


  #13   Report Post  
Old 19-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Derek Broughton
 
Posts: n/a
Default

George wrote:


"kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I also look at koiphen.
But rec.ponds is still my favorite, I've been here
for so long and seen the attacks come and go,
though this one has been worse than usual.


I asked then nicely to behave or leave, but to no avail. You just can't
convince some people that they are annoying.


I think, for most of them, it is _being_ annoying that makes it worthwhile.
Too bad.
--
derek
  #14   Report Post  
Old 19-04-2005, 05:25 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 00:25:26 GMT, "Just Me \"Koi\"" wrote:

Do I need to say any more. This is where I say good bye.

I'll see you guys around. I'll probably just lurk here once in a while. .


Don't let these rude, non-human life forms, that aren't even above the muck
in our ponds, chase you out "Just Me". As soon as they show up, it is
important that rec.ponders ONLY post to rec.ponds AND don't keep the
extended headers these people changed it to. I don't know what their goals
is, but I'm not going to let them score. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
  #15   Report Post  
Old 19-04-2005, 06:22 PM
BenignVanilla
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
BV, and other regulars,

As I read this newsgroup once in a while, I see a lot of junk, and stuff
totally out of control and I get so turned off. Especially by some guy

with
a million post in the group on topics none of which relates to ponding.

This lead me to wonder if there is a moderated forum we can all shift to
where some of these junks can be filtered out, and where we can also post
pictures.

Some of the forums I've seen out there are not populated, minimal
discussions. That does not make for a lively dialogue either.

So any ideas out there?


http://www.iheartmypond.com/phpbb


--
BV
http://www.iheartmypond.com




Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Visited by A GBH Today JB[_1_] Ponds (moderated) 28 01-02-2009 12:05 AM
gardens visited Pam Moore United Kingdom 9 15-09-2005 09:04 AM
I visited.... madgardener Gardening 17 21-03-2005 03:07 AM
I visited....Gardenweb sucks Cereus-validus Gardening 36 20-03-2005 07:09 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 GardenBanter.co.uk.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Gardening"

 

Copyright © 2017