Old 22-04-2005, 01:42 AM
d t

Default Goldfish Fin Rot Help....

2 of my 3-4 inch gold fish have what looks like biten tail fins. But
there are no biting things in the pond. It looks like maybe fin rot. Its
been 2 weeks and today it looks a little worse. They are very alert and
seem fine as always. But Im concerned that there tail fins and top fins
are going fast. Is there any reading or pictures of tail rot? Or a cure?
Thank you

Old 22-04-2005, 04:01 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:42:51 -0500, (d t) wrote:

2 of my 3-4 inch gold fish have what looks like biten tail fins. But
there are no biting things in the pond. It looks like maybe fin rot. Its
been 2 weeks and today it looks a little worse. They are very alert and
seem fine as always. But Im concerned that there tail fins and top fins
are going fast. Is there any reading or pictures of tail rot? Or a cure?
Thank you

DT you need to fill out a Sick Fish/Pond Form, below. Guessing on what
little bit you've told us I'm thinking you've got an ammonia problem.

Fill out what you can, leave others blank, but
don't delete the questions.

Sick Fish and/or Sick Pond Form

Please describe your problem, including fish characteristics, like;
whirling, flashing, gasping at surface, wounds, etc.:

Pond Size in Gallons? (litres*.26=US Gallons):

Water Source (Well, Irrigation, City?)
If City how is water treated?: =

Time in Operation?
(How old is the pond/water?):

Liner type? (EPDM,PVC,RUBBER,Cement/Concrete etc):

Fish Population?
Type? Size? QTY, Time in Pond:

Food? Type and Frequency of feedings.:

Pump Type, IN/OUT of pond, GPH etc
(Describe your filtration system as well as possible):

Prefilter media type? Last cleaned?:

Filter is BIO or Mechanical? Last cleaned? How?:

Carbon added? How much? When last changed?:

Aeration? Waterfalls? Bubblers?
Venturies?:

Water Temp?

PH?:

KH?:

Ammonia (ppm or mg/l):

Nitrite (ppm or mg/l):

Nitrate (ppm or mg/l):

Water Color, cloudiness, odor?:

Water changes? (% of pond volume and how often):

Additives used (water conditioners etc):

Tests done by self or another?:

Weather (what's it been like lately?):

Medications used?:

What Zone or Country of residence?:

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

rot rot rot [email protected] Orchids 29 30-03-2006 08:56 PM
Koi fin rot? advice please [email protected] Ponds 7 07-08-2005 08:16 AM
Goldfish fin rot pixi Ponds 4 30-03-2005 08:53 PM
Fin Rot Sir Douglas Cook Freshwater Aquaria Plants 14 20-06-2004 11:07 PM
Koi missing Pectoral fin! Bob Ponds 8 12-08-2003 04:43 PM