Old 24-04-2005, 12:41 AM
PETER DOYLE

Default finding a leak

My pond, rubber liner - in ground about six years- has developed a slow leak
somewhere in the top eight inches. Can anyone guide me to info about finding
and fixing this? Is there an FAQ that deals with this or a previous thread?
Thanx.
Pete

Old 24-04-2005, 01:21 AM
RichToyBox

You may want to look at this thread of a few years ago.
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...6d953e5adc0521
--
RichToyBox

Old 24-04-2005, 01:29 AM
~Roy~

If you have sufficient depth and water left after it reaches its
leaking point I owuld allow it to leak down until it stops, and then
search carefully at the water level for the leak. I have heard of
usiing milk or food coloring to locate a leak as well but heard that
half and half cream works better as it does not dilute out as
easy.....

I just found the source of the seep in my pond (natural) using a dye
block I bought, but that would be overkill in a liner type pond. The
dye block cost me $4.00 plus S & H, and its suspended from a float,
and you watch for the current to carry the dye from this block to
wherever the water is flowing, as its slowly dissolved. Pretty neat,
and there is probably enough dye left to find a bunch more leaks if
the need ever arises, which I hope does not. So a little volclay
(sodium Bentonite granular form) sprinkled in this area hopefully does
the job. It takes about 2 or 3 days for it to be effective, but I can
already see a difference in wet spot in just a half days time.

Finding a pond leak GardenCadet Ponds 3 07-02-2019 03:23 PM
Finding and fixing pond leak Pinkpggy Ponds 0 12-10-2004 04:16 AM
Finding and fixing pond leak Nathan A. Smith Ponds 1 12-10-2004 04:16 AM
Gene finding could help spore orchid trade bloom Ted Byers Orchids 1 17-01-2004 06:12 PM
Help on finding used push/reel mower Mike Dahmus Texas 15 19-04-2003 12:56 AM