GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   warts on fins (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/93286-warts-fins.html)

gunnar 01-05-2005 01:56 AM

warts on fins

my fish seem to have white warts on there fins i haven't netted any to see
what they look like any ideas group

RichToyBox 01-05-2005 03:11 AM

Koi get what is known as carp pox, and as far as anyone knows, it is not
easily transmitted to other fish, and it sometimes only shows up in the
spring for a while, and in other cases it will be on the koi always. It
doesn't hurt the fish, but it does make it unshowable.
--
RichToyBox

Reel McKoi 01-05-2005 05:02 AM

"gunnar" wrote in message
my fish seem to have white warts on there fins i haven't netted any to see
what they look like any ideas group

I have a koi that has always had them. She's about 4 years old now and
otherwise doing well.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...