GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ich or Parasite On My Fish (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/94057-ich-parasite-my-fish.html)

DD DDD 14-05-2005 05:17 AM

Ich or Parasite On My Fish

My fish have this white large round white dots on them. Not all of them
just some. If I rub them they fall off. They also rub againt the items
in the pond. I dont think its ich cause there large. Some have 1 some
have about 5-6. The 1 pacu now has 2 on its top fin. Is it a parasite?
They are white roundish and can also get thicker. Is there a all perpose
medication for this case? The pet store has them on one of the fish I
bought from them and they dont even know or wont tell me. Now what?

Reel McKoi 14-05-2005 05:55 AM

"DD DDD" wrote in message
My fish have this white large round white dots on them. Not all of them
just some. If I rub them they fall off. They also rub againt the items
in the pond. I dont think its ich cause there large. Some have 1 some
have about 5-6. The 1 pacu now has 2 on its top fin. Is it a parasite?
They are white roundish and can also get thicker. Is there a all perpose
medication for this case? The pet store has them on one of the fish I
bought from them and they dont even know or wont tell me. Now what?

======================
Anchor worm? It sounds like a parasite but it's hard to tell which one by
your description.

Check out www.koivet.com .
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
before flushing." :-)

DD DDD 14-05-2005 02:47 PM

They are white and the size of a large pin head. About 1/16 of a inch or
a little larger. Round in size. Thank you

Reel McKoi 14-05-2005 04:10 PM

"DD DDD" wrote in message
They are white and the size of a large pin head. About 1/16 of a inch or
a little larger. Round in size. Thank you

===========================
They certainly sound like some kind of parasite. Now you need to find out
how to eradicate them from your pond or quarantine tank. I hope someone
with more knowledge of parasites can help you.

When I buy new fish I always quarantine them for at least 21 days. I
learned the hard way how difficult and expensive treating fish in a pond can
be. Not to mention the fact new fish can infest healthy ones you already
own. Good luck.....
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
before flushing." :-)

George 14-05-2005 07:24 PM

"DD DDD" wrote in message
They are white and the size of a large pin head. About 1/16 of a inch or
a little larger. Round in size. Thank you

Read this page:

http://www.fishdoc.co.uk/treatments/salt.htm

On the left are links to pages with other diagnostic information and treatments.

Good luck.

Reel Mckoi 14-05-2005 11:18 PM

George wrote:
"DD DDD" wrote in message

They are white and the size of a large pin head. About 1/16 of a inch or
a little larger. Round in size. Thank you

Read this page:

http://www.fishdoc.co.uk/treatments/salt.htm

On the left are links to pages with other diagnostic information and treatments.

Good luck.

#How about dumping a bottle of clorax in the pond? that will kill all
parasite.

McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
before flushing." :-)
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

~ jan JJsPond.us 15-05-2005 03:50 AM

On Sat, 14 May 2005 08:47:32 -0500, (DD DDD) wrote:

They are white and the size of a large pin head. About 1/16 of a inch or
a little larger. Round in size. Thank you

Look up fish lice. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~